2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

2 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

That's why BS get so many guard audition. They all want to spin a Shapiro book. 

Living Legend.  DCI hall of fame man writing that book.  

kudos on the book-

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Fair enough, though I think Stars issues are more destructive to the show and concept as a whole. No cohesion to the show concept whatsoever.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Gotta agree, Blue Star's concept doesn't work for me at all, but my gosh they can play and drum! Guard had a few issues that I picked up tonight. I seem to like every other year's show from them.  This year was a miss, with respect given to the performers for their top 6 level  talent.  Last year was a big hit. 2014's "Where the heart is" was a huge hit...

Crossmen's guard was on fire, and the horns and drums sounded on yesterday too, especially compared to yesterday.  Man, I had high hopes for Blue Stars at the beginning of the season. Their shows seem to be hit or miss for me.  Last year was great from them; the year before that was ok.  The Alma Gitana show wasn't a favorite of mine.  Then going back in their history is hit or miss as far as shows until you go back to 2004 and before when I liked pretty much every show going back a good while.

Edited by jjeffeory

11 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Ok. I've chattered on enough about how I don't like the writing or programming. Time for a compliment: the ending melody of "Come What May" is WONDERFUL when it's written into the low brass instead of the high brass in order to let the mellos sail over!! And then finishes all off with the Prokofiev snippet again in the mellos. Now THAT is some good ### writing!!!!!!!!

Absolutely agree!  That is a great part of the show!

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

Only 7:15 and I have my Jammie's on, sound system cranked, and some snacks (sadly, bit the same kinda snacks @Cop has, but they'll do).

CA.  That's probably why we get shows and corps like BD SCV Mandarins, VK, Freelancers.  

#snacks 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

In response to Blue Stars guard having an off night...they were probably victims of being out in the rain and performing soaked. Very unfortunate. 

Not likely, guards warm up indoors. They were outside all of the time from the bus to the tunnel.