2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

Bump back up to the top!

Looks kind of gray out there today. Is it supposed to rain?

There has been a bit of chatter regarding Spartans making finals over Cascades, and among people sitting in my section, we thought it was a toss up between Music City, Sapartans, and Cascades as to which was better. I was happy for the two who did make semi's, but it could have been any one of them to be 26th. Personally I thought Surf, if not in the top 25, should have been closer. I also thought Pioneer was better than their score though I would not have had them in the top 25.

I don't expect to see too much movement today. I would love to see Spirit give its performance of the year. We've been hearing Spirit is on the rebound since 2015, but to me it feels that way this year and the kids have worked hard.

We could see another 2013 where BDB beats SCVC in semi's even though SCVC took the Open Class title.

I don't expect Academy to finish in 15th tonight.

Barring a disaster by one of last night's top 12, I don't see Mandarins making the top 12 this year. Excellent effort, but Madison is hungry. 

Crissmen and Blue Stars could trade places, no shock there, and the same thing could happen tomorrow. They are pretty evenly matched.

If SCV could not top BD last night, it probably will not happen. I thought both were a little over scored last night, but there were nerves you don't normally associate with BD last night which you didn't see with SCV. I'm not saying they did not deserve to win, but it was not a perfect show. 

6 hours ago, BDCorno said:

If you're needing a ticket somewhere not 20 yards outside the end zone, I have a single available in 143. PM me. Also have a pretty good single upper deck seat for finals.

Section 143?!  No thanks.

1 minute ago, ajlemm said:

Looks kind of gray out there today. Is it supposed to rain?

Yes, rain is coming this afternoon between 2pm and 7pm. If you're planning on watching the warm-ups, be careful!

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Yes, rain is coming this afternoon between 2pm and 7pm. If you're planning on watching the warm-ups, be careful!

Other than showing my son around downtown, was planning on doing some lot viewings today.

Nosebleeds for me tonight (600s) and blast zone tomorrow (100s).   Waited too long to get tix -- sigh!

• Like 1

I don't see any reason to believe the prelim placements will be any different than the semi and finals placements. Gaps are all large enough to pretty much the establish how each judging panel feels about each corps, relative to the others above and below them. 

• Like 1