A Crowning Metaphor - Crown 2017, It Is?

7 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Maybe that's the point of the show?

The Emperor is actually beautifully frocked in the most fantastic attire! Only those who can "see" this get it! 

Oh...he's naked? Well, that was our point all along!

So many of you focused on the singer this year, you're allowing it to consume you. You have such a huge predisposition to choirs and singers that you let it affect the outcome before you even sample the sauce, kinda like my kids and veggies. They're so convinced they're going to hate them that they have no desire to try them (note - I hate veggies as well).

That said, we get it, 70% of you hate the vocals, hate the vocalist, or some version of the two. That's fine. In fact, I'm pretty certain that Crown's design team could care less and have no plans to change the show between now and tomorrow. Hell, even the Cadets and Boston are using vocals extremely well! So you have two choices, suck it up and deal with it, or just move on. Those of us that enjoy the show, LOVE IT!!! Couldn't be happier with it! Woo hoo!! Yay Team Anna!!

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 5

Dude, Crown chose to make a soloist the literal and figurative center of their show. We aren't choosing to do anything other than their full intent.

And I resent that any time anyone says they don't like this idea, it means we don't like Anna. Personally, or her performance. Not true, at all.

Finally, yes, we will "suck it up." And "deal with it." Whatever that means.

Edited by MikeRapp

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Dude, Crown chose to make a soloist the literal and figurative center of their show. We aren't choosing to do anything other than their full intent.

And I resent that any time anyone says they don't like this idea, it means we don't like Anna. Personally, or her performance. Not true, at all.

Finally, yes, we will "suck it up." And "deal with it." Whatever that means.

I never, at any point, said you didn't like Anna. I think some of us are just tired of hearing about the vocals being an issue. That argument is getting tired.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jast45 said:

I guess i see that it has changed for the moment. And the usual rules for the football field and game do change.  Each drum corps show the field changes from its usual purpose as a football field to a place for something completely different--a show.  As dci has continually changed through the years, some of the changes have dealt with the parameters of the field--not following the boundaries of a football field and its rules for the game--so they allow members beyond the "the out of bounds" lines etc. so all i am saying for crowns show is that they make actual changes to the field by removing the lines, numbers,, and rearrange it. 

At what point has Carolina Crown, in their entire history, redefined what happens on a football field? This is not their MO. 

We all understand the message of the yard markers. It just doesn't fit Crown, or really much of anything else in this show. It's not a trend setting design or concept, it doesn't redefine drum corps like Tilt did.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Just Here said:

That is not what you interpret they are saying. I reversed the sentence to bring out the direct implication of its meaning.

Nah, you took one sentence from that entire post to fabricate an argument that wasn't even present.

This idea that those who appreciate shows that require them to think a little is somehow disparaging shows of the past is silly. No one is arguing that shows like '07 Crown, '92 VK, '95 Scouts, or any other show largely considered entertaining, were basic.

Edited by dcsnare93