Jeffe77

Retreat in Traditional Uniforms

Jeffe77    655

Why not? With the evolution of shows in the future going towards costumes, etc. I think it be awesome to see corps coming out to the retreat in their traditional uniforms. Would be such a salute to each corps' tradition and history. Heck corps could use those uniforms for a parade and other noncompetitive DCI events, so the expense could be justified. Any thoughts?

• Like 7

lameisrob    30

An idea way too logical for consideration.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Why not? With the evolution of shows in the future going towards costumes, etc. I think it be awesome to see corps coming out to the retreat in their traditional uniforms. Would be such a salute to each corps' tradition and history. Heck corps could use those uniforms for a parade and other noncompetitive DCI events, so the expense could be justified. Any thoughts?

I think it's a cool idea. It'll never happen/

lameisrob    30

Haven't Cavies done this the past two years?

• Like 2

mjoakes    814
2 minutes ago, lameisrob said:

Haven't Cavies done this the past two years?

They did in 2016. It didn't seem to get as much reaction from fans and that alumni suite as I might have expected. Still a cool thing.

I presume an appearance in green and aussies by Madison would be a cool thing to witness.

• Like 2

denverjohn    174

Why pretend to be what you're not?

• Like 2

Hrothgar15    898

That's the thing: these "are" the corps now. They are their theme-forward show designs. (Not that I think the theme of any drum corps show could ever be good enough to base your entire corps uniform on, but I digress.)

• Like 2

Most corps would probably cite a lack of storage space for retreat uniforms AND their figure skating apparel.

• Like 5

jeffmolnar    213

Vanguard better have their aussies, that's all I'm saying. An SCV retreat with a bunch of bright eyes looking up at the crowd is borderline sacrilegious. 

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 4