Santa Clara Alumni Corps

My thanks for the PM. As I said on another thread, multiple eye surgeries forced me out of SCVAC in March, then another emergency eye surgery out of nowhere on July 6th blew my plans to go to Indy to watch my SCVC kid as I was restricted from air travel, and you can't drive on the water to the Mainland. 

On a more humorous note I remember talking with the AC director in the winter and going through the various movements...I looked at Mvmt 1 for Bari 1 in G and said, "Already memorized." :laughing:  90% of that 1st Mvmt was note-for-note and rhythm the same as what I'd played back in the day. Clowns is another everyone has memorized too since GR's arrangement hasn't changed. 

Special note: the DM who conducted the RCM portion tonight was the same "Best Hat Toss in DCI after RCM" DM from the '87 YT video who aged out in that performance. His son marched next to mine in the trumpet section this year in SCVC so it was doubly special for that father/son duo.   :inlove:

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 7

In a major upset Saturday night SCV Alumni Corps takes the gold!!!  What an amazing performance, beautiful job to these dedicated folks.  Wish I could have been there to see it in person, that alone would have been worth the price of admission.

Yes, reminds me of the great old days when Music GE was much more important than the visual.  I haven't seen a crowd jump to their feet multiple times during a performance like that since, well BITD....

#Dinosaur alert

• Like 3

It was a fantastic and special performance. Many tears shed. Besides the wonderful memories, I loved watching the SCV 2017 members going bonkers on the sideline. 

What a show. You brought it home, SCV Alumni!

• Like 1

SCVAC Thank you!!

• Like 1

Don't forget that they perform today during the Soundsport thing!! 

I bet it'll be louder than last night...