2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Simon Cowell would have loved this DCI group of singers.

How would you break it to a brass player or a percussionist who dreamed all their life of playing in a world class corps that their spot was given to a singer?

• Like 1

Just now, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

How would you break it to a brass player or a percussionist who dreamed all their life of playing in a world class corps that their spot was given to a singer?

Well I can't speak for others but Boston Crusaders, Seattle Cascades, and a few others I saw from OC Prelims - Semis pulled theirs from the color guard who do double duty as amazing performers.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Or Jesus.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Not my job -- nor yours either.

"What if" scenarios are getting a bit overused around here.  

• Like 2

This will championship number 18 for BD?  Wow, that's amazing dominance.  Very entertaining show from them.   The 100 trumpet feature at the end made me feel all warm inside.  Ok maybe not 100, but it seemed that way.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

What if somebody from the corps staff called you and asked you to break the news?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

This will championship number 18 for BD?  Wow, that's amazing dominance.  Very entertaining show from them.   The 100 trumpet feature at the end made me feel all warm inside.  Ok maybe not 100, but it seemed that way.  

• Like 1

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

I think it's AWFUL.  Singing, that is.  It has no place in drum corps and I don't care how good singers are, they are not part of this musical genre.  Synthesizers don't belong on the field either but that's another debate for another day.  The Rules Committee needs to roll back the rules on vocalists and soon before this gets out of control.  I don't care what BOA does: This isn't band.

• Like 3