2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 hour ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

How would you break it to a brass player or a percussionist who dreamed all their life of playing in a world class corps that their spot was given to a singer?

I would recommend that brass player or percussionist practice more so their spot isn't given to a better brass player or percussionist!  Dreaming big; work for it.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

BAC's guard could be a deciding factor as well.

Good catch...forgot about them.  Should be a great night!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I think it's AWFUL.  Singing, that is.  It has no place in drum corps and I don't care how good singers are, they are not part of this musical genre.  Synthesizers don't belong on the field either but that's another debate for another day.  The Rules Committee needs to roll back the rules on vocalists and soon before this gets out of control.  I don't care what BOA does: This isn't band.

There is a simple solution for everyone line you who has a problem with this; and loves to whine to everyone else about it like your bellyaching is going to change things.

1. Move on to another type of activity you enjoy.

2. Or as the saying goes " Adapt or Die", accept the changes and appreciate what these designers and MM's do that the BITD cranks could never do.  And that includes me.

I was with one a staunch traditional corps and saw that changes were necessary.  Evolution is necessary. Growth is necessary.   We all need to stop dragging knuckles and enjoy what this activity is today.  It's not OUR activity anymore.  It belongs to the MM's out there now.  Get past it, get over yourself.

• Like 2

Of the top corps I saw live:  (no Blue Devils)

My favorite corps this year is Crown.  I saw them twice, early season and late season.  I am a fan of brass playing and Crown has a horn sound with pitch, balance and blend that is beyond belief.

Number two is Cadets.  Fantastic costuming, they sell their concept like no other.  I enjoyed their show from first note to last.  What a great package they put together this year.

Number three is Bluecoats.  They are fun to watch from beginning to end.  They are a power corps with great GE and no weakness.

ALL of the corps I saw this year were fun and worth watching.  This is a drum corps competition and the judges do a great job and the best corps will win.  My opinion is just that , the opinion of one fan.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

There is a simple solution for everyone line you who has a problem with this; and loves to whine to everyone else about it like your bellyaching is going to change things.

1. Move on to another type of activity you enjoy.

2. Or as the saying goes " Adapt or Die", accept the changes and appreciate what these designers and MM's do that the BITD cranks could never do.  And that includes me.

I was with one a staunch traditional corps and saw that changes were necessary.  Evolution is necessary. Growth is necessary.   We all need to stop dragging knuckles and enjoy what this activity is today.  It's not OUR activity anymore.  It belongs to the MM's out there now.  Get past it, get over yourself.

Stop discussing things you don't like, and just accept what it is!

Said no one who cares about anything, ever.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Stop discussing things you don't like, and just accept what it is!

Said no one who cares about anything, ever.

If the discussion isn't constructive, it's not worth having.

Discussion of removing electronics and vocals isn't constructive, because the rule will never be changed back. Period.

Just now, Madera Dons said:

Is it possible they left it open for a C Corps member to walk through?

...Maybe...?

We'll see tonight. :)

3 minutes ago, Madera Dons said:

Is it possible they left it open for a C Corps member to walk through?

I'm hoping for something a little more unique.  That would have been great had they not already done something similar as with Clara in '15.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

If the discussion isn't constructive, it's not worth having.

Discussion of removing electronics and vocals isn't constructive, because the rule will never be changed back. Period.

Discussion of the partial or total removal of electronics and singing, in any sort, is absolutely constructive. It may not happen, but it needs to be discussed. Regardless.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2