2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

17 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Brass too I think.

I think BD should be beating Crown in brass, but I don't think the judges will put Crown in 2nd after they've been dominating the caption all season. 

The sophistication of BD's style is what makes me feel like they should be put on top. Crown sounds robotic in comparison. Clean, but sterile. Just my opinion of course. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

True. But......since this show is referencing shows of past, bringing a BDC member thru the window could be their reference to 2015. Someone in the BD thread earlier this season confirmed BD is marching 149...........?

You're probably right. I've thought the same. The 149 is what they did in '15 too. So I guess that won't surprise me. Guess I'm hoping for something not expected. But in the context of the show, it would make sense.

But...wouldn't it be cool that, if, instead of a person of the future, it would be some sort of technology of the future? - such as lighting, pyrotechnics, funky electonic woodwind, robotic drum major - something along those lines. Now, that would be interesting!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

Dan Potter is officially kicking off the event.

posted from the DrumScorps app

39 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Nothing is over until its over

Yep... In 99, we closed a .9 gap, of course under different judging, but closed the gap to tie.  

• Like 2

Regardless of outcomes this is one of the best top to bottom years in DCI history.

and Ochran isn't on finals is a bonus

• Like 2

Vanguard Cadets in the tunnel, ready to perform in exhibition as 2017 DCI Open Class Champions.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

First on the field are your 2017 Drum Corps International Open Class Champions, the Vanguard Cadets from Santa Clara, California! Performing in exhibition, their 2017 program, courtesy of corpsreps.com:

In Pieces
Feedback by Gabas, Francisco; Lomena, Francisco; Martin, Javier; Abad, Marina; Wright, Maxwell; Sawhney, Nitin; 
Temen Oblak by Tin, Christopher 
Kaleidoscope by Smith, Fred Emory 
Harvest by Mackey, John