2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

2 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Ever hear the Blue Devils in 1980 or 1982? Spirit of Atlanta in 1978 or 1979? 1981 Cavaliers?  1985 Suncoast Sound? That was perfection.

I heard every one of those groups, live.  You left out Bridgeman which was also a power corps of that era.  I loved those corps and the power of their hornlines.

With the exception of Blue Devils, I am also very familiar with those groups overblowing, and having stickouts.

As you say, not my thing.

I get (and agree) that Music is the weak link in the Cadets this year. I still think they should be scoring higher in the music captions than they are.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Yep. Actual lyrics in Bernstein's Mass. Kinda sets it apart from the other Masses, huh? 

Bernstein banned from DCP. Still lots of folks not familiar with Bernstein's bio and influences for this piece.

• Like 1

Cadets...i really like this style for you but the robes kill a lot of effect and ensemble credit you could be getting.  Props to Hop for sticking with design concept though it is hurting you competitively.

choir is very well done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

What's with the tuba running in from the end field?  I didn't notice that before 

IBS? Potty break maybe

This uniform change is well done. Creative way to transition. Having it in the pews let's them hide the uniforms cleverly

• Like 2

It's not an intentional shout out, I think, but the horns in two colored uniforms rushing together is reminiscent of 2011.

• Like 2

Wow was that vocal solo flat!