2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

This is one of those shows where it's hard to comment because you're drawn into the performance so much. 

Love the guard on saber. As each one catches their toss, they hold the saber as if they're stabbed by it and slowly fall to the ground, held by the male guard member, who then stabs them again for good measure. Can't keep a good witch down, though.

• Like 5

Anyway. On to BAC. Love this show and it's mood making. The Puritan dispair that fueled the witch trials is so present 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rrunyon1 said:

This corps feels old school even with vocals. Sometimes vocals just work. 

This is Carolina Crown right down the middle, with a slightly less demanding brass book. Crown could do this show and win the gold. It is that well conceived.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

There are a ton of good ballads this year, but this might be my favorite.  And it's BECAUSE of the singer!  Who woulda thought I would say that..........she is just so perfect for the tone this part of the show demands and the way she is layered into the brass is just sublime.  

When I saw the show in Orlando, I thought it was a recording

GET HER!!!

• Like 3

Another Carolina Crown guard moment - Tossing over a guard member held aloft while walking under her before catching it on the other side.