2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Aside from the obvious mic issues this seems like a very rough run tonight for Crown. An odd energy to the whole thing I can't put my finger on. Terrible when that happens on the last night... they were fantastic last night 

I don't know, it is so hard to concentrate with those mic issues. This is as good a testament to our situation with amplification as there can be.

Obviously this is not her fault, and one electronics snafu doesn't negate everything else on the field. Certainly not everything they did all year. They had a solid lead on Bluecoats, I don't think it will impact anything as far as placements.

• Like 2

The coats were 1.3 points behind Crown last night with some mic problems, they won't pass them.

Cavies might finish 4th though.

• Like 1

That made me hurt inside. Wouldn't wish that on any corps. I still think they get 3rd, but that psychologically hurts on the field for every member. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cop said:

I was high yesterday and thought the same..

High in the stadium or under the influence?

• Like 1

Next on the field is the Santa Clara Vanguard from Santa Clara, California. Their 2017 program, courtesy of corpsreps.com:

Ouroboros
Interplay for Piano Four Hands and Orchestra by Gillingham, David 
The Triumph of Time by Graham, Peter 
Song of Eight Unruly Tipsy Poets by Long, Zhou 
Into a Virtual World by Bhatia, Amin 
Remembering the Future from “Wait of the World” by Melillo, Stephen 

Some changes that have been made to drum corps, like amplifying the pit, have been done because that's how professionals do it.

Let me tell you that in professional musical theater, if microphone problems got so bad and there were no way to get a new microphone to the performer (because she never gets to go offstage), the stage manager might very likely stop the show for a minute.

19 minutes ago, littlejaw said:

Man, Bluecoats are the biggest offender of Synth and Shotgun micing the corps. The latter half of the show is mostly playback in the speakers for volume.

It was sooooo bad from where I'm sitting 10 rows up on the 45 I had to hold my ears.