2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

The corps are now all mingling on the field. Blue Devils will get to do another encore performance. I will be as close as possible to that hornline's park and blow during Everything Must Change. I'll check in after the encore.

• Like 3

And, as someone who doesn't hate BD for no reason, that's a night for me.

• Like 1

One of my favorite parts of the next couple of weeks will be seeing all of the babies whine about BD's win. 

First I'll get a laugh off of them. 

Then I'll get equal pleasure from blocking them. 

Hey, it's just a mesage board, so I have to capitalize on the fun, right?

• Like 7

I pretty much agree with the results.  

SCV was my favorite show. BD was just too much to overcome.  Seeing it put together live on semis gave me an appreciation I didn't have before for it.  Was fantastic.

I don't understand the Bluecoats love.  Found the show to be dirty, disjointed, and really boring at times.  The last couple minutes are incredible though. Nothing against the performers...more of a design issue 

Felt the complaints about Crown vocalist were over the top.  I am not a fan of that element but it was done really well.  Their visual program was a step back though. 

First trip to Finals week in 15 years.  Enjoyable trip.  Tons more thoughts, but for another day.

• Like 1

Way to go Cavaliers!  I called it!

• Like 4

Congrats to Crown, whose show I think was the toughest sell this year.

And to Cavs for inching back toward being in the thick if it!

SCV, BD—you rule. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hirsbrunner said:

I believe his theory pertains specifically to a corps winning for the first time, not those that have in the past. 

He bumps it every year, just to remind people that it still hasn't been disproven.

Personally, I think SCV was an edge instance. They haven't medaled for 14 years, after all, so if they won it all, I think it might shake his case a little.