2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

2 minutes ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Most misogynist show I've ever seen. I'm completely done with drum corps. If this happened in a job position they would be fired. Weirdly women like this show. What?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Like 3

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Looking at the recaps, it is not clear where, if any, negative impact of the mic issue for Crown.  Perhaps it's in the GE2 score.  Davis had Crown 2nd, Stone in 5th for GE2.  It appears that it may have bothered Stone more, but the 2 of them averaged out so it really must not have hurt.

I knew it would hurt, and it might be that the GE2 judge is more music related, but I thought both GE judges now look at music and visual. Not sure. At any rate, other than the mic issues, Crown just performed the snot our of their show. Bluecoats did not. I heard errors in articulations and timing issues even in the opener. Then I heard huge mic errors as well, but not in the same way with Crown. It sounded from my vantage point (FLO) that the trombone solo was tinty and metallic - in other words mic'd poorly. After that I heard more of the same from the other solos and even from the total brass line. Not sure if that was just how the Flo mics caught things, or if Blooo had a really bad electronics night. Maybe someone who was in the stadium can confirm. 

1 minute ago, trenta536 said:

19.60 for Crown's brass??? That's it?

Honestly, that's my biggest question mark of the evening. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AlexL said:

Except this seems to happen often where judges get into a herd mentality come finals week. 

I repeat, i don't have a problem at all with BD winning, they had an excellent show, probably the one i found most enjoyable in years, but those recaps are... something. 

So you think 7 different judges ended up with a herd mentality? 

SCV won guard for the first two nights, but BD won it tonight. How is that herd mentality? Wouldn't herd mentality mean that SCV should've won guard by a mile tonight? 

Is Prosperie putting BD first in percussion also herd mentality? 

• Like 4

Like it or not, but the judges got it right. And they got it right last year and the years before that.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Wow. Not going to finals next year now. Call me a butt hurt bro but this is beyond ridiculous. It used to be fun, but now it's all about that Midwest.

Please translate.....

2 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

That there is enough parity at the top of the heap that a corps can have a weak spot and still win a championship? 7 out of 11 judges put BD in 1st, the other 4 didn't have BD out of the top 3. 

It's not judge distribution that's a problem, it's point distribution across the captions.

Can't figure out how the mic issue had no affect.  If a corps receives more points because electronics/amplification enhance something, shouldn't they be penalized if it goes the other way?  

I do agree that questions need to be answered.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 6