2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

Just now, Hammer said:

Mic issues. 

So mic issues only affect GE scores, not Music Analysis.

That logic would lead to meaning that singing only falls under GE, not Music. 

Just now, MotoSurfBass said:

Interesting... how can a show be misogynistic if it doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the female gender once? 

Right, this my point re Phantom. It was really awkward. I kept thinking, what would I think if my daughter was out there in a red silk teddie? Very poor form.

• Like 1

IMO I think the whole system needs adjusting. I find the enhanced sound tidious. I want to hear the music organically and not with needless microphones and distortion. I really want the ruling panel to sit down and hash some things out because we are losing musical proficiency. I am left cold with all the sounds outside the horns. I can't make out what is being played because something else might be playing something else. It is a bit cluster ####ed sometimes and hard to understand. I want to hear authentic horn playing and true ability. Again, this is just a personal opinion and not a jab at the performers. Those kids are given what they are given.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, btown50 said:

Like it or not, but the judges got it right. And they got it right last year and the years before that.

I strongly disagree with that statement

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Interesting... how can a show be misogynistic if it doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the female gender once? 

I want to go on record saying that I fully disagree that Cavalier's show is misogynist in any way....but if I were a crazy person, I could say that only acknowleding men for all of humanity's accomplisments and mistakes could be misogynistic if you really wanted to see it that way(?). But honeslty, **** that person. They're just a butt hurt bro.

Nooowww.....if we're talking about PR......I got some real thoughts on that show. 

Edited by FancySnack
  • Like 3

Just now, snare_guy_83 said:

Analyzing her signing, it was spot on!

The problem with the general effect was the mic issue. 

So yes mic issues are GE issue, but singing is still under Music Analysis. 

1 minute ago, cube said:

There's a what now??

The defending champion may exercise the option of going on last.  BLOO didn't use that rule to their advantage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snare_guy_83 said:

"Correlation = Causation" was added to the DCI manual in 2015 I think.  So yes, singing is not music.

Just now, rrunyon1 said:

IMO I think the whole system needs adjusting. I find the enhanced sound tidious. I want to hear the music organically and not with needless microphones and distortion. I really want the ruling panel to sit down and hash some things out because we are losing musical proficiency. I am left cold with all the sounds outside the horns. I can't make out what is being played because something else might be playing something else. It is a bit cluster ####ed sometimes and hard to understand. I want to hear authentic horn playing and true ability. Again, this is just a personal opinion and not a jab at the performers. Those kids are given what they are given.  

I can agree. Mics in general need to go

• Like 4