2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

Just now, Cappybara said:

He's talking about the Cavies. He's a Bloo fan who's upset about Cavies overtaking them. 

I marched Cavaliers and we LOVE women.  In fact, women are our biggest group of fans.

• Like 6

Can't wait to see what Cavaliers, Coats, and SCV come up with for next year!

Some of my favorites this season (add BK)...

Good job Cavies, moving up another spot this year.  Now a bunch of people on here can start talking about the  top 3 corps as a thing instead of top 4 that they have this season, and you'll prove them wrong again and medal...

Okay season; last year's shows may have been a tad better for me, but there were definitely some enjoyable shows this year!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

He's talking about the Cavies. He's a Bloo fan who's upset about Cavies overtaking them. 

Well I am upset about it, but not because Cavaliers are an all male corps. Has zero to do with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Bluecoats should have used the rule allowing the defending champion to go on last. They were compared against hot performances by Boston and the Cavaliers.

How would that work?  Are you suggesting they wouldn't have been compared to those corps if they'd gone on later?  The competitive neighborhood is the competitive neighborhood, regardless of order.  Plus, there's no way they would've beat the top 3 just because they were last.  They would've ended up in the exact same performance time for Friday and Saturday.

Congrats to Santa Clara Vanguard for Winning Silver with a Gold medal show.. and Congrats to crown for bronze who perform the heck out  of 'It Is'. But phenomenonal are the BD who show  the naysayers who set the bar.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I can agree. Mics in general need to go

Agreed!   Mic'ing the eight top brass performers playing as part of the ensemble from beginning to end was a bit much.   I don't mind for soloists.  And I can't ever get behind amplified singing.   The performers who sang were great.  But I just think it's the wrong format/venue.  IMHO

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Well I am upset about it, but not because Cavaliers are an all male corps. Has zero to do with it.

Makes sense, you're a Bloo fan. I wouldn't expect you to be happy about it.

• Like 1