2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 minute ago, AlexL said:

So.. next year the stream needs to include the encore. 

Definitely!

I only went to the Hattiesburg show this season. (To mainly see my historically fav Corps [Cavaliers] and Runners Up. [BD]

Was also hoping to see a BD win so they would do the Encore with F TUNING! 

Nope. BD won, but Cavies did the Encore.

I want my F TUNING!  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Fair, but there are no true specific accomplishments that The Cavaliers were attributing solely to men... unless you count "DUUUUDE!" and "BROTEIN SHAKE!"

PR's show... I don't think it wasn't intentionally misogynistic, but the 1-900 voiceovers combined with the guard outfits certainly had a poor effect.

Yeah, that guy is just a crazy person who's real bummed out. We've all been there (maybe?). I'm definiltey in the camp that thought Cavies deserved 4th!

Since you brought it up....the thing that bothers me about PR's show is how women are represented as "fantasies", or as tempresses/seductresses - distractions for the corps. It's not a positive portrayl at all. They're led around by their faces by the corps and then they're finally made "pure" in white gowns. Eh...but next year is a new year. Maybe they'll allow men back into their guard - I think it may be high time for a change with PR. Their continued style has gotten stale.

Edited by FancySnack
  • Like 9