2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

8 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I'd like to ask an honest question.

Among the top 12, who benefited the most from amplfication/singing/synthesizers/microphones/dancing/spandex costumes?  And who benefited the least?

Seems in the final analysis Bloo benefited least from a placement perspective.  They have a fierce following as well as equally persuasive detractors. Vanguard utilitized these areas to their advantage in a series controversial  choices that, I feel are brilliant!  The future looks great regardless of personal taste. There is something for everyone in an artistic sport that is evolving faster than it knows how to define itself. 

3 hours ago, defeldus2 said:

Based on this cavies run, tonight could feasibly end with last years 12th and 1st place corps side by side. Wow!

Nailed it! 

5 minutes ago, Hammer said:

have learned to not use wireless for streaming. 

Same. Wireless works in a pinch, and i use it for casting tabs to a chromecast quick (as i was doing with some facebook live lot feeds this afternoon), but if you want reliability on a stream wired is the way to go. 

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 1

Anyone else realize Madison Scouts' finals score was lower than Madarins' final score?
Madison Scouts in finals-85.25 Mandarins in semis-85.50

Edited by 32RH
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, furious-winter said:

Regardless, if we're truly wanting to have a rational discussion about misogyny in drum corps, perhaps we shouldn't wait until after the scores are announced on finals night when many fans' emotions are already in overdrive. It makes one wonder if, perhaps, the one crying "misogyny" is only using such an allegation as a means of masking other frustrations. 

That's exactly what it was... a Bloo alum butthurt that his corps was passed on Finals night. Doesn't mean we can't have civil, interesting discussions on the subject matter. 

Also, interesting interpretation of the Cavies show. I always found it to be more light-hearted, a comedy with occasional dark elements. The more I look at it, the more I see a black comedy along the lines of "Dr. Strangelove," where the humor makes you forget just how dark the topic they're making fun of can get.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 32RH said:
Anyone else realize Madison Scouts' finals score was lower than Madarins' final score? Madison Scouts in finals-85.25 Mandarins in semis-85.50

That happens. 

Usually the first couple scores drop without corps below them pushing the numbers up.

Same thing happened this year with semifinals actually- Cascades prelims score was higher than Spartans' semis score. 

13 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

In the context of how DCI scores shows all season long, final point totals are literally not comparable from one season to the next. A 95 this year is not a 95 next year. It is all relative scoring. Not point additions and subtractions.

I'm working on a project, where I adjust scores to a point where the champion receives a 100.00 on Finals night, and all other scores are moved up in proportion. The goal is to make a Top 12 of every corps and every placement in the DCI Era. This year will add some interesting scores to the mix.

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

That's exactly what it was... a Bloo alum butthurt that his corps was passed on Finals night. Doesn't mean we can't have civil, interesting discussions on the subject matter. 

Also, interesting interpretation of the Cavies show. I always found it to be more light-hearted, a comedy with occasional dark elements. The more I look at it, the more I see a black comedy along the lines of "Dr. Strangelove," where the humor makes you forget just how dark the topic they're making fun of can get.

All fine, well and good. Love dark humor.

Play more music. That's my only request.