2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

I gave up watching Finals due to the feed issues (after a flawlesss week!) myself and others experienced. The biggest buffering gap occurred during SCVs "call and answer" double tounging section with the small ensemble on the tables with the brass in a "V" in front...as the feed kept rebuffering I began to look closely at the image that remained frozen on the screen until Devil's rifle line stepped off. I understand the reasoning behind the costuforms SCV wore, but the spandex tops made almost all the guys look overweight and out of shape with sunken chests and I couldn't help but think "Big Belly Crew". I hope SCV rethinks this in 2018.

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TRacer said:

What Bloo and PR did this year CG uni wise was nowhere NEAR "old" VK's well endowed hardbody CG girl who popped out out of a prop cake wearing nothing but a skimpy white bikini and white FMPs during "CA Girls", and she had parents too. No corps will ever top that.

Not to mention the sex cymbals. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TRacer said:

I gave up watching Finals due to the feed issues (after a flawlesss week!) myself and others experienced. The biggest buffering gap occurred during SCVs "call and answer" double tounging section with the small ensemble on the tables with the brass in a "V" in front...as the feed kept rebuffering I began to look closely at the image that remained frozen on the screen until Devil's rifle line stepped off. I understand the reasoning behind the costuforms SCV wore, but the spandex tops made almost all the guys look overweight and out of shape with sunken chests and I couldn't help but think "Big Belly Crew". I hope SCV rethinks this in 2018.

Your discription is exactly how I saw Bloo last year!  2016 was the year of the lemon muffin-top.  2017's Bloo  costume had a homemade and tacky quality unbefitting a champion. The suspenders at least had a vertical line to slightly offset the same complaint you see in SCV. Those bras and short-shorts enhanced many of the performers bodylines in a non-flattering way. I won't lower my observation to name calling as you did, but I too hope Bloo rethinks this...

Edited by whitedj2002

Wow the butt hurt snowflakes are out of control in here!!  Was there some epic bender after retreat last night?!?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Wow the butt hurt snowflakes are out of control in here!!  Was there some epic bender after retreat last night?!?

I know!  What are we?  Puritans?  It's a costume.  They're performers.  If mom and dad had an objection, I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know!  What are we?  Puritans?  It's a costume.  They're performers.  If mom and dad had an objection, I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now.  

Still...I have to admit, Phantom and Bluecoats did obviously go the T and A route this season. I am not entirely sure I would feel good about my kid wearing that stuff in front of thousands of drooling high school boys...or adults for that matter!

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Still...I have to admit, Phantom and Bluecoats did obviously go the T and A route this season. I am not entirely sure I would feel good about my kid wearing that stuff in front of thousands of drooling high school boys...or adults for that matter!

Well, considering what they're wearing for rehearsal, these costumes actually cover them up more.  If dirty old grandpa is looking to ogle the kids, he'd probably head out to a rehearsal.  

:laughing:

• Like 4

The Fosse concept you could argue required the sort of attire Bluecoats used.

Phantom was just creepy. The voiceovers, with the slink girls writhing around on the field...sorry, but I felt like I needed a Cadets reprise after watching that. People were giggling in the audience, not sure whether they should actually admit to liking it. 

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

The Fosse concept you could argue required the sort of attire Bluecoats used.

Phantom was just creepy. The voiceovers, with the slink girls writhing around on the field...sorry, but I felt like I needed a Cadets reprise after watching that. People were giggling in the audience, not sure whether they should actually admit to liking it. 

I agree about Bloo.  They definitely captured the Fosse look.  

I think you may have hit upon something concerning PR.  Maybe it wasn't so much the costuming as it was the costumes paired with the program content.  The narrator sounded a little bit like the woman on the radio advertising Heavenly Bodies, a Chicago-area gentlemen's club.