2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

10 hours ago, JKT90 said:

I'd like to see a female corps. Imagine the talent level they could draw from.

There were many female corps in the early days up through the early 80's.  The Freelancers, were originally an all girl corps. I remember an all girl corps from Canada called the Chatelains (I know I spelled that wrong) and they were bad ###.  There were actually quite a few all female corps from our neighbors up north at the time.  There were enough female corps that they had their own division at DCI.   It would be cool for an all female corps to form again and do well.   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

There were many female corps in the early days up through the early 80's.  The Freelancers, were originally an all girl corps. I remember an all girl corps from Canada called the Chatelains (I know I spelled that wrong) and they were bad ###.  There were actually quite a few all female corps from our neighbors up north at the time.  There were enough female corps that they had their own division at DCI.   It would be cool for an all female corps to form again and do well.   

Les Chatelaines were terrific.  So were Arbella, the Capitolaires, the Ventures, St. John's Girls, the Audobon Bon-Bons, and more.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Midwest used to dominate DCI Finals:  Taking The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts, and the pre-1978 Kilts out of the equation, Midwestern finalists included Phantom Regiment, Blue Stars, Guardsmen, Glassmen, Bluecoats, Star of Indiana, Colts, and more.  

California used to dominate Finals - 1984 BD, SCV, Freelancers and VK all in Finals in the same year!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Les Chatelaines were terrific.  So were Arbella, the Capitolaires, the Ventures, St. John's Girls, the Audobon Bon-Bons, and more.  

Ventures were awesome....they won a couple of DIV2 titles in the 80's if memory serves...today's Open Class.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

California used to dominate Finals - 1984 BD, SCV, Freelancers and VK all in Finals in the same year!

Don't forget Mandarins winning a couple of Div3 championships with like nine brass or something.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

The Bandettes stayed active til around 2004 I believe.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I never saw them but Jim and our good friend Mike Lafferty were talking about old drum corps and the all-girl corps from Port Clinton, Ohio came up.  The Vacationland Sweethearts.  Cool name. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

There were the Bellettes from Belleville, Illinois and the Nee-His from Clinton, Iowa. 

Where were the Mello-Dears from?