2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Is it really though? It is much more appropriate to be wearing that type of costume for a performing arts show than it is for normal wear. 

It's not appropriate in my home, period. 

• Like 2

Don't forget the Audobon Bon-Bons (not sure where they were from).....and the Capitol Aires from Madison WI.

40 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

It's not appropriate in my home, period. 

Again, that's fine, but I'd refrain from having your kids march drum corps if that's the case. And please stop chastising the corps because they don't adhere to your house rules. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, madalumni said:

Don't forget the Audobon Bon-Bons (not sure where they were from).....and the Capitol Aires from Madison WI.

There were lots of legs shown in all girls corps 1970's and lots of leg room to march well on warm days. For the few that have issues, close your eyes and listen to the music.

I wasn't able to view live feeds this year but my heart is with drum corps and winter guard every year. Congratulations to all in 2017; hope to be able to buy the DVD. We'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmc5682 said:

There were many female corps in the early days up through the early 80's.  The Freelancers, were originally an all girl corps. I remember an all girl corps from Canada called the Chatelains (I know I spelled that wrong) and they were bad ###.  There were actually quite a few all female corps from our neighbors up north at the time.  There were enough female corps that they had their own division at DCI.   It would be cool for an all female corps to form again and do well.   

Audubon Bon Bons, Jeannettes, Joanettes, Debonairs were a few all girl corps competing around the same time.

33 minutes ago, madalumni said:

There were lots of legs shown in all girls corps 1970's and lots of leg room to march well on warm days. For the few that have issues, close your eyes and listen to the music.

I wasn't able to view live feeds this year but my heart is with drum corps and winter guard every year. Congratulations to all in 2017; hope to be able to buy the DVD. We'll see.

Hey linda, i got using a vpn, and thru flo marching. The video quality sucked and the audio sucked too. DVDs should be ok tho

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Didn't want to start a new thread for this and not intending on derailing the discussion on all-female Corps, but I have a simple question:  Were there any penalties (timing or otherwise) awarded ANYTIME during the season?  I don't recall seeing any, but I didn't look at all the sheets. 

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Audubon Bon Bons, Jeannettes, Joanettes, Debonairs were a few all girl corps competing around the same time.

The St. Ignatius Girls of Hicksville, LI.  The Belles of St. Mary.

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Again, that's fine, but I'd refrain from having your kids march drum corps if that's the case. And please stop chastising the corps because they don't adhere to your house rules. 

This is a message board, and I am a member. I can chastise whomever I wish, for whatever I wish. I am hardly the only person who has said this about this Phantom show.

And yes I love Bluecoats but some of their stuff was also too close to the line IMHO. And its not just me saying it.

You are free to agree or disagree with me. But discussion is what a discussion board is about.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

Corpsreps lists an all Female Drum Corps from the past that named themselves.. " The Flashing Lassies " ( supposedly they were from Monterey Park, Calif. )

I don't know a thing about this former All Female former Drum Corps, and am not too sure I should know much more about them either. ( ..haha)

Edited by BRASSO