2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

This is a message board, and I am a member. I can chastise whomever I wish, for whatever I wish. I am hardly the only person who has said this about this Phantom show.

And yes I love Bluecoats but some of their stuff was also too close to the line IMHO. And its not just me saying it.

You are free to agree or disagree with me. But discussion is what a discussion board is about.

I agree with "discussion is what a discussion board is all about" 

but I don't feel like your commentary is really productive. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

It's not appropriate in my home, period. 

Say hello to my great gramps, since you're living in the 50s and all. 

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I agree with "discussion is what a discussion board is all about" 

but I don't feel like your commentary is really productive. Just my opinion. 

Fortunately for the owner of this site, productivity is not the standard for these discussion forums.

20 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Still... I have to admit, Phantom and Bluecoats did obviously go the T&A route this season. I am not entirely sure I would feel good about my kid wearing that stuff in front of thousands of drooling high school boys... or adults for that matter!

Different thresholds, I guess. When I was in high school and the drama club produced Li'l Abner, about 30 years ago, the young lady who played Stupefyin' Jones was dressed even more scantily than Julie Newmar in the film version:

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

This is a message board, and I am a member. I can chastise whomever I wish, for whatever I wish. I am hardly the only person who has said this about this Phantom show.

And yes I love Bluecoats but some of their stuff was also too close to the line IMHO. And its not just me saying it.

You are free to agree or disagree with me. But discussion is what a discussion board is about.

I believe that MikeRapp posted what more than a few others may have thought about the Phantom show.  For the most part, folks understand that the kids are merely carrying out what the adult designers design - so no knock on the performers. The question is whether or not the adults represented the performers appropriately and within the context of what would be considered a good, and "appropriate", DCI show. It's a fair question considering the choice of costuming, voice overs, and visual presentation of their 2017 production.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

I do think it's very interesting how people pick and choose what to be offended about. Maybe there isn't as big of a gap between the PC and anti-PC as people think. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I do think it's very interesting how people pick and choose what to be offended about. Maybe there isn't as big of a gap between the PC and anti-PC as people think. 

"Some people take offense like it's a limited time offer." - Tim Fargo