2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

I find it laughable that people think there is (or should be) a 'morality clause' in DCI as it relates to an 'appropriate' DCI show. Where was the outrage with BD 92 or Feliniesque?

My issue with Regiment (as an alum) is that they seem to be 5 - 10 years behind (IMO) with how they choose to compete programming wise. They appear to want to stick a toe in, rather than diving all the way, into the current pool that is DCI. For example, their use of trombones (which I find mostly unnecessary for most corps) was what, a whole 10-15 seconds, and could have been done by baritones (again, IMO).

The quandary I have is this, do I want them to go 'all in' and be like some of the shows a loathe? Or, do they try to retain some identity or connection to the past and risk becoming irrelevant? That said, there were shows that I thoroughly enjoyed that went 'all in', Cavies, SCV, Boston, and Academy come to mind immediately.  Surely, the creative staff can come up with something that is competitive AND retains their identity. Or, is identity overrated?

Just my 2 cents!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Ventures were awesome....they won a couple of DIV2 titles in the 80's if memory serves...today's Open Class.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, FancySnack said:

Why didn't the Cavaliers didn't wear nipple covers for their show. That single nip was too sexy and I was so distracted. NoT iN mY hOusE! mY BoYS nIPs Are ALwAYs COvEREd! NiPS aRE INdecENt!

I'll have to go back on check the video on this one

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocketman said:

I find it laughable that people think there is (or should be) a 'morality clause' in DCI as it relates to an 'appropriate' DCI show. Where was the outrage with BD 92 or Feliniesque?

My issue with Regiment (as an alum) is that they seem to be 5 - 10 years behind (IMO) with how they choose to compete programming wise. They appear to want to stick a toe in, rather than diving all the way, into the current pool that is DCI. For example, their use of trombones (which I find mostly unnecessary for most corps) was what, a whole 10-15 seconds, and could have been done by baritones (again, IMO).

The quandary I have is this, do I want them to go 'all in' and be like some of the shows a loathe? Or, do they try to retain some identity or connection to the past and risk becoming irrelevant? That said, there were shows that I thoroughly enjoyed that went 'all in', Cavies, SCV, Boston, and Academy come to mind immediately.  Surely, the creative staff can come up with something that is competitive AND retains their identity. Or, is identity overrated?

Just my 2 cents!

Not one person, including me, said there should be a morality clause in dci.

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Not one person, including me, said there should be a morality clause in dci.

On 8/13/2017 at 6:20 PM, MikeRapp said:

It's called modesty, something that is largely ignored today. I don't mean to sound like a prude, but if Phantom didn't care about how the girls were perceived, why dress them in what many might calling  see through red lingerie?

?

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Booked the hotel for next year.   Bought tickets for next year Thursday. Record crowds = price increases.   Big 3 tickets up $10 ($5 a ticket)  Hotel up $5 a night. 

Which hotel is best?   I usually bring my motorhome but next year will fly in and stay in a hotel.  I've booked the Omni for now, unless there is a better option.