Happy Day Before You Cancel Flo Marching Day!

If you just signed up this week you will get DCA in your month. So you could go to the DCA forums and complain about the shows. I am sure they need more folks to say that aint Drum corps. Then when Cadets 2 come on you can join in with a whole different group of Hop bashers. You may even get to see some people who didn't get to do DCI put their best effort out on the field to entertain the crowd,    I am pretty sure there will be some bad camera work to complain about also,  though the connection speeds will probably be much better since there will be a lot less people watching.

Edited by totaleefree

FloMarching gets a B+ from me on the season...a big improvement over past seasons!

I don't understand why/how others seem to have consistent issues, but at my house, with my system, and with my provider I only had a couple of shows that were a problem. 

Here's one vote FOR Flo!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

FloMarching gets a B+ from me on the season...a big improvement over past seasons!

I don't understand why/how others seem to have consistent issues, but at my house, with my system, and with my provider I only had a couple of shows that were a problem. 

Here's one vote FOR Flo!

Likewise.  I hear about folks with (IMO) dream systems (fiber, 60+Mbps bandwidth, Roku direct to Flo) having issues, and I'm sitting here with my little 6Mbps DSL, having to go thru a browser, and not having near the problems. I'm not sure why that is.  

Paid for the full year so that I could see BOA championships too.

Now we know that Flo will also be streaming DCA championships over Labor Day weekend, which if I had only gotten the monthly subscription would be another reason to re-up. (But I'm attending that event live.)

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Likewise.  I hear about folks with (IMO) dream systems (fiber, 60+Mbps bandwidth, Roku direct to Flo) having issues, and I'm sitting here with my little 6Mbps DSL, having to go thru a browser, and not having near the problems. I'm not sure why that is.  

it's something between them and the user - I have an extremely high end system and my bandwidth is +200 Mbps and I have had buffering and lags during the top corps since Allentown. And that's one thing - the sound is something under their control entirely. They left the sound OFF in Denver for several corps for several minutes each - ridiculous

It is quite frustrating

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Here's one vote FOR Flo!

I was new to FloMarching this year. It honestly was not a huge problem (as you stated above) with the exception of one show. I forget which one, but there was one show that was a complete disaster. Short of that all other shows came through nicely. Believe it or not for a few shows in which I was traveling, I actually tethered the internet from my cell phone (a Samsung Galaxy S5) to my laptop and watched. On those nights I actually got amazing speed from my phone and the video and audio were great. 

Keeping it. May check out some boa, all in for wgi. It's all we have

Thanks OP, for making me laugh with that thread title.