Cadets 2018

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I will add one more key "to-do"

Hopkins needs to stop being the "face" of the Cadets

He must fade into the background and let a fresh face (Tom and/or Drew) become the "voice" of Cadets

This is KEY

Even if Hop wants to do this or even tries to do so, I don't think the drum corps community as a whole will let him. 

• Like 1

:fight::whip::starwars::tugowar::wacko:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shewhois said:

They finished high with more "stock" shows because of their incredible talent and vet/staff retention. If they had a show similar to Power of 10 with this young corps, we might be asking if The Cadets were going to make finals. This was a GOOD step.

Perhaps this all is just an amazing long game and The Power of 10 show is a ten year slow grind to 10th place, at which point the 2015 corps will be retroactively declared champions. That would ironically be their 11th title, ruining the 10 motive and they would then be stripped of that very title. 

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I've heard 2 things - we shall see if they come to pass

i heard one two weeks ago

Well. I am digging the more Bernstein. Maybe Waterfront... Well, here's to the start of a new round of speculation!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Even if Hop wants to do this or even tries to do so, I don't think the drum corps community as a whole will let him. 

Please, please let him.  Even my mom said he needs to fade away, and she only sees one show a year.

Great performance at finals!  You did the best you could with that show Cadets.

Unless they get a top tier program coordinator and other visual design staff they will stay in the 7-9 range.

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 3