Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lol so many rumors, not enough FACTS! 

Welcome to the "Cadets (any year)" thread. :tongue:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Interesting. If Crown loses the movers and shakers in their brass program, that corps will sink like a rock; not out of the top 12, but definitely down to the middle tier or one spot lower. 

Sure. Same exact thing was said last year at this time. In fact same exact rumors. Look where Crown finished. Again.

• Like 4

I'm curious about a {perceived} Cadets protocol of behavior that I saw at a recent show.  It seemed that while Cadets were entering/leaving stadium before/after performance (for example, to use restrooms in general audience area/entrance), they walked in groups of 2, and quite military-like.

Is this a requirement of corps members?  What is the intent?  Even when I commented on my enjoyment of their show, they returned no acknowledgment or comment.

Meanwhile, members of others corps were informally meandering in the same area and responding to fans' comments.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 90svet said:

I'm curious about a {perceived} Cadets protocol of behavior that I saw at a recent show.  It seemed that while Cadets were entering/leaving stadium before/after performance (for example, to use restrooms in general audience area/entrance), they walked in groups of 2, and quite military-like.

Is this a requirement of corps members?  What is the intent?  Even when I commented on my enjoyment of their show, they returned no acknowledgment or comment.

Meanwhile, members of others corps were informally meandering in the same area and responding to fans' comments.

When in uniform they follow a code of conduct and walk in twos and walk with a purpose etc. alumni here can provide more specifics 

Other corps have different approaches

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin. said:

Looks like DC is a solid halfway point.  The Crown of Washington?  Washington Cadets?  Washington CC?  It could happen, folks. 

Wow totally not happening lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 90svet said:

Walk in 2s, don't speak in uniform(honoring past Cadets etc). Can't show emotion no matter what pretty much. It's pretty bad ###.

Singing the corps song before a performance is basically the only time.

Edited by 20XXMM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 90svet said:

It's just what we do. In uniform = on stage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin. said:

It's being heavily implied that Micheal Klesch is heading to Cadets. If true, prob Harloff too.

No. Chance.

• Like 2