Cadets 2018

1 minute ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I think you're forgetting that DCI doesn't answer to the "vast majority".  If George Hopkins pushes for woodwinds hard enough, there WILL be woodwinds.  And he'll do it just to spite those who oppose it.

actually it requires a vote and I don't see it being a priority right now at all

according to his public statements he is more focused on "reigning in" amplification of brass lines and the vast speaker arrays involved with that 

40 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

except none of the DCI Directors want ww on the field. Well - everyone of them that I know their thoughts on the topic, which is the vast majority of the current crop

Few of the previous Corps Directors wanted any of the other things brought in either.... until later they voted to relent and allow them in.. So a  no " vote today, historically has been overturned and become a " yes" vote later.  A " no " vote on woodwinds use in DCI, has already been overturned to a " yes"vote the pre show format as in the DCI Field competitions. A " no " vote on woodwinds for field competitions usage has become a temporary " set aside " rule for 1 Corps in the Quarterfinals already, and the original " no " votes turned into a majority " yes" vote for the DCI I & E competitions as well. The " no " votes for the allowance of " singing " has been reversed to " yes " votes. The belief that the previous " no " votes that later resulted in " yes " votes for the inclusion approval of trombones, concert french horns, etc  will somehow  be a permanent " no " vote for the inclusion of the " woodwinds " seems highly unlikely to me. All the people that said the other instruments would never find there way into DCI have been proven wrong. I suspect they will be proven wrong again on the woodwinds. The woodwinds are ALREADY found in DCI/ WGI in certain circumstances that once we were told... sometimes by the very same people.... would likely never occur.

Edited by BRASSO

^^ 

oohh very strong battery, excellent rolls, clean, great time and excellent blend, wow!, awesome!, big full sound!, huge style change and excellent job, well done keyboards!, blah blah

& congrats on 8th place :(

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Few of the previous Corps Directors wanted any of the other things brought in either.... until later they voted to relent and allow them in.. So a  no " vote today, historically has been overturned and become a " yes" vote later.  A " no " vote on woodwinds use in DCI, has already been overturned to a " yes"vote the pre show format as in the DCI Field competitions. A " no " vote on woodwinds for frield competitions usage has become a temporary " set aside " rule for 1 Corps in the Quarterfinals already, and the original " no " votes turned into a majority " yes" vote for the DCI I & E competitions as well. The belief that the previous " no " votes that later resulted in " yes " votes for the inclusion approval of trombones, concert french horns, etc  will somehow  be a permanent " no " vote for the inclusion of the " woodwinds " seems highly unlikely to me. All the people that said the other instruments would never find there way into DCI have been proven wrong. i suspect they will be proven wrong again on the woodwinds. The woodswinds are ALREADY found in DCI/ WGI in certain circumstances that once we were told... sometimes by the very same people.... would likely never occur.

we know all that - you love repeating yourself

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

we know all that - you love repeating yourself

Its a shame you decided to get snarky in your reply. But.. you are, who you are, and we're used to it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I think you're forgetting that DCI doesn't answer to the "vast majority".  If George Hopkins pushes for woodwinds hard enough, there WILL be woodwinds.  And he'll do it just to spite those who oppose it.

:laughing:

you seriously have issues. GH is just one member. Stop scapegoating him for every issue you have with modern drumcorps 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its a shame you decided to get snarky in your reply. But.. you are, who you are, and were used to it.

Oh brother 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

^^ 

oohh very strong battery, excellent rolls, clean, great time and excellent blend, wow!, awesome!, big full sound!, huge style change and excellent job, well done keyboards!, blah blah

& congrats on 8th place :(

Exactly.  

In the whole tape he made two less than superlative comments, one of them mentioning one particular mallet player. The numbers do not match his tape or emotion.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Exactly.  

In the whole tape he made two less than superlative comments, one of them mentioning one particular mallet player. The numbers do not match his tape or emotion.

it's too funny - either he is just being positive and not giving them true feedback or the numbers are wrong. When mistakes are made or greatness isn't achieved it's ok to point it out. Judges tapes are crazy to listen to sometimes.

• Like 1