Cadets 2018

21 hours ago, dans said:

You have your opinions, I have mine. You have a desire to validate your opinions more than I do. I really don't care who agrees with me. I don't need anyone to validate my opinions. Although, I do know some very bright percussion people who share my opinions about Cadets 2017 percussion. And you think Cadets percussion was easy? OK...you're entitled to your opinions.

as someone who has judged at some level, and listening to judges tapes from anywhere i can get them to learn more and picking many people's brains over the years, even people that taught you, i get why they placed there. Now personally...do I think maybe they could have been a little higher? Sure from what I heard...but I wasn't the guy on the field for all 25 lines that day. Knowing what a cluster it can be to judge 25 groups in one day, and not even ones at level.....people gotta place where they place. It ain't easy, and i'm not gonna say the judge has ill will towards the corps...hell I think his kid marched there recently. 

and no the easy comment wasn't towards what they played. easy was used to justify the following sentence. My bad for not wording that better, cause WHEN they did play, it wasn't easy. so i'll apologize for that poor sentence structure, as it was not my intent to call the book easy. I should have said "book....well thats easy to figure out", and then gone on.

21 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Actually it seems that he DOESNT want his opinion validated and is saying that Jeff Ream does. He just wants to say the Cadets should've scored higher and that's about it

which really is the equivalent of saying "blah blah blah screw yours and the trained professionals' knowledge, the Cadets got ROBBED, it's all a conspiracy!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

let's be honest, the poster has labeled me a Cadets hater for years, tho i have nothing against the corps itself. I've given cash to several kids who have marched there over the years, have enjoyed many of their shows, and in fact 89 and 93 are still in my top 20 all time.So if he can find a bone to pick with anything I say about the Cadets he will.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

So in the midst of the first of what will be countless off-season verbal pillow fights, I see a banner ad here for a movie called The Tick, and my first reaction is, Wow, someone made a movie about the history of DCI competitive scoring.

:spitting:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

let's be honest, the poster has labeled me a Cadets hater for years, tho i have nothing against the corps itself. I've given cash to several kids who have marched there over the years, have enjoyed many of their shows, and in fact 89 and 93 are still in my top 20 all time.So if he can find a bone to pick with anything I say about the Cadets he will.

My reaction had nothing to do with your feelings about the Cadets. It had to do with the fact you always come across as though your opinions are superior to others. DCP is not very welcoming to differing opinions.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

as someone who has judged at some level, and listening to judges tapes from anywhere i can get them to learn more and picking many people's brains over the years, even people that taught you, i get why they placed there. Now personally...do I think maybe they could have been a little higher? Sure from what I heard...but I wasn't the guy on the field for all 25 lines that day. Knowing what a cluster it can be to judge 25 groups in one day, and not even ones at level.....people gotta place where they place. It ain't easy, and i'm not gonna say the judge has ill will towards the corps...hell I think his kid marched there recently. 

and no the easy comment wasn't towards what they played. easy was used to justify the following sentence. My bad for not wording that better, cause WHEN they did play, it wasn't easy. so i'll apologize for that poor sentence structure, as it was not my intent to call the book easy. I should have said "book....well thats easy to figure out", and then gone on.

Thank you Jeff for trying to have a civil discussion.

2 hours ago, dans said:

My reaction had nothing to do with your feelings about the Cadets. It had to do with the fact you always come across as though your opinions are superior to others. DCP is not very welcoming to differing opinions.

Absolutely.  That's Jeff in a nutshell.

:lol::lol::lol:

Or not.  :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

4 hours ago, dans said:

i'm very open to opinions that have facts to back them up. Feel free to offer up your justification for why you feel they were screwed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Absolutely.  That's Jeff in a nutshell.

:lol::lol::lol:

Or not.  :tongue:

I used to value your opinion. Now it ranks with your shirts :spitting:

Edited by Jeff Ream
correction

On 8/30/2017 at 9:11 PM, dans said:

It had to do with the fact you always come across as though your opinions are superior to others. DCP is not very welcoming to differing opinions.

Maybe Jeff's comments have something to do with horses... not sure though. Ask cappyhara.. he's seeing horses on here whenever there are " differing opinions" among the DCP'ers on here... lol

Edited by BRASSO