Cadets 2018

55 minutes ago, afd said:

Love your positive thinking even though most likely will not happen. 6th might be the place to go for.

Hey I think with 45-54 brass returning and most of the percussion and almost all the guard weapons AND the team with a year under them 2018 will be a major step forward. And everyone feel free to keep a mental note and call me out if it doesn't happen. 

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hey I think with 45-54 brass returning and most of the percussion and almost all the guard weapons AND the team with a year under them 2018 will be a major step forward. And everyone feel free to keep a mental note and call me out if it doesn't happen. 

I hope so. At least be in the thick of it for a metal contention. Baby steps.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

nm........

Edited by BRASSO

3 hours ago, cadet93 said:

My prediction too.  Hopkins seems to have shifted to this weird blame the DCI system angle.

The fact is their talent level dropped substantially, and they designed a show that alienated many.  Glad the show "worked as you envisioned".

Now he appears to be moving forward in his alternate universe.  

Drew and Tom are great, and musically I see reasons to be encouraged.  I just still find them directionless visually.  Not totally losing hope until the creative staff of the guard is announced, but yeah its gonna be years if ever. 

That the atheists were the loudest complainers doesn't automatically mean they were representative of most people. The standing O's at Allentown, Ohio, and Indy say your statement is not accurate.

You have no way of defending or proving the embolded statement you made other than by conjecture. Otherwise produce your proof in facts and figures, not tantrums.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Given the number of age-outs in the little bit smaller horn line than usual hornline, that is a wonderful number of returning horn players.

15 minutes ago, xandandl said:

That the atheists were the loudest complainers doesn't automatically mean they were representative of most people. The standing O's at Allentown, Ohio, and Indy say your statement is not accurate.

You have no way of defending or proving the embolded statement you made other than by conjecture. Otherwise produce your proof in facts and figures, not tantrums.

I recall a good number of posts on DCP from Christians indicating their discomfort with the show as well. But you are right that his post is just conjecture, there is no way to know the proportion of people who received it well and didn't receive it well. 

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I just dont see who they are going to leap frog.  All of the top 6 are hungry and seem to know what the current state of the activity is better than Cadets.  Bluecoats will be looking to rebound with their all star staff.  People are already hyping Cavies.  Id be surprised if BD and SCV are not 1-2 again.  Boston is only improving with their staff.

And I would say Crown is going to fall, but they proved me wrong this year......sorry just dont see it, but I will happily eat my words.

Edited by cadet93

27 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Define "many"...only cadet93 has a reference point to use in defense of the statement. Could be 5, could be 5 hundred. 

• Like 1

I can say that at Nightbeat which was my only live show this summer.  Several especially younger members of the audience left during Cadets.  I also heard several people around me telling their friends Cadets "used to be good". The response to the show was polite, but by no means enthusiastic.

Doesnt seem like great PR to me. 

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I recall a good number of posts on DCP from Christians indicating their discomfort with the show as well. But you are right that his post is just conjecture, there is no way to know the proportion of people who received it well and didn't receive it well. 

I grew up Catholic so the symbols were mostly true to a Catholic Mass.  I think for some Christians who are not Catholic this show probably didn't resonate it from what their church service is like. Now when the choir starting to sing with more passion and let it go towards the end of the show that to me was more like a Baptist type choir and not a Catholic Mass.