Cadets 2018

1 hour ago, 20XXMM said:

I know they're two different circuits but I've always wondered why the Cadets shows are always trying to tell a story vs. Cadets2 who perform less literal shows and place better. A minimalistic Cadets show that isn't telling a complex story would be great. Or a show with a title/theme and that's it.

They tried that not three seasons back - The Power of 10 had no story to speak of, just a lot of <IMO, very cool> imagery.  People didn't like that approach, either.  :38_worried:

Mike

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeN said:

They tried that not three seasons back - The Power of 10 had no story to speak of, just a lot of <IMO, very cool> imagery.  People didn't like that approach, either.  :38_worried:

Mike

the uniform switch was the main issue there...and guard

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Clearly it was, or you wouldn't have attempted. 

I'm just saying, for someone who's always talking about they don't care about Cadets, those same people are always on here complaining about Cadets. 

At no time have I ever said I didn't care about Cadets. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

4 hours ago, cadet93 said:

I can say that at Nightbeat which was my only live show this summer.  Several especially younger members of the audience left during Cadets.  I also heard several people around me telling their friends Cadets "used to be good". The response to the show was polite, but by no means enthusiastic.

Doesnt seem like great PR to me. 

Yea, the general impression of Cadets I get from younger people I know who follow DCI is "they used to be good."

5 hours ago, cadet93 said:

I can say that at Nightbeat which was my only live show this summer.  Several especially younger members of the audience left during Cadets.  I also heard several people around me telling their friends Cadets "used to be good". The response to the show was polite, but by no means enthusiastic.

Doesnt seem like great PR to me. 

Are you sure they left because of Cadets? Did they tell you that's why they were leaving? People leave for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with the corps on the field. Maybe they were heading out to meet some friends who had already performed. 

43 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Are you sure they left because of Cadets? Did they tell you that's why they were leaving? People leave for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with the corps on the field. Maybe they were heading out to meet some friends who had already performed. 

I can guess they weren't leaving because they Loved the Cadets. 

46 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I was at Nightbeat as well.  We were sitting in a sea of kids - I think they were from various schools in the area.  I don't know whether they were exhausted from band camp or just didn't want to be there, but that was the only show I ever saw where a significant portion of the audience didn't react when the Crusaders burned the witch.  I don't care who you are (including a loyal Cadets fan), the first time you see that, if you don't say "Wow, that's cool", there is something wrong with you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

Yea, the general impression of Cadets I get from younger people I know who follow DCI is "they used to be good."

How young are we talking? I'm 23 and I still consider Cadets as being part of the elite group. They won the Ott two years ago lol. The way some of you speak, it's like it has been a generation since Cadets were great.

When the Cavaliers hit a rough patch, I don't remember it being doom/gloom or "they used to be good". The people I know predicted they would make a fairly quick recovery (they did). And now Cadets find themselves in a similar situation. They'll figure it out. The 10 time world champion with the largest alumni network won't stay down for too long

• Like 1