Cadets 2018

51 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

We all have blind spots. The wiser among us have people around us to tell us where they are and how to avoid them.

The better written translation is: The wiser among us have people around us to tell us where the blind spots are and how to avoid them.'

Why? Because GH certainly avoids the people who do this and discounts them. This may be why there are so few people named on the design team until after this weekend.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Actually Cavies medaled in 2011 too. 2012-2015 were "down years" after a huge staff shake up. Propaganda signaled "We're back". And they've carried that momentum to this year, passing up the reigning world champs. Essentially it took 4 seasons to get their mojo back. From my perspective, that's pretty quick. But I agree, stiffer competition nowadays. Just being top 5 is incredibly difficult. 

I agree, but they have not found their way back into the top 3. They were a perennial top 3 corps, just like Cadets; so the comparison is fair. Since 2011 they [Cavaliers] have not been the same corps. And to me their 4th place finish this year was a weak one. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree, but they have not found their way back into the top 3. They were a perennial top 3 corps, just like Cadets; so the comparison is fair. Since 2011 they [Cavaliers] have not been the same corps. And to me their 4th place finish this year was a weak one. 

But add to this scenario that the Cavaliers since 2006 until now have been through no less than 4 maybe even as many as 5 corps and organization head/directors beginning with Adolph DeGrauwe replacing Jeff Fiedler. (I'm enumerating both CEO's and corps managers.) The Cadets, for better or worse, has had the same corporate head and, for better or worse, the same corps director during that same time period, although by point of standard used the Cadets window would begin at 2011 rather than 2006.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Yea, but you NEVER seem to like them; sorta a damning with faint praise.

I don't think they'll ever be your thing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yea, but you NEVER seem to like them; sorta a damning with faint praise.

I don't think they'll ever be your thing.

I really don't understand his weird insistence that the Cavies weren't a top 4 corps. 

Meanwhile im sitting here wondering why they weren't in 3rd place this past season

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Talk like this is why I really want The Cavaliers to medal next year. 

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

'84-'06 were the heyday years for the Cavaliers. They still haven't recaptured that vibe and magic.

If you're looking for Gaines drill, sure. 

They captured that vibe and energy really well this year 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If you're looking for Gaines drill, sure. 

They captured that vibe and energy really well this year 

I agree... it was Cavies all the way this year.  Great show.

10 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I'm with Mr. Willis on this. Really disliked the Cavaliers show this season.

• Like 1