Cadets 2018

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I really don't understand his weird insistence that the Cavies weren't a top 4 corps. 

Meanwhile im sitting here wondering why they weren't in 3rd place this past season

I was personally shocked they got fourth. I think a lot of people were

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dans said:

I'm with Mr. Willis on this. Really disliked the Cavaliers show this season.

I didn't realize disliking is the same as low competitive rank. I "disliked" Cadets 2014, doesn't mean I think they should've placed 5th or 6th that year. 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I didn't realize disliking is the same as low competitive rank. I "disliked" Cadets 2014, doesn't mean I think they should've placed 5th or 6th that year. 

Oh my. This place is slowly turning into RAMD. Does every opinion on here have to be challenged by you and Jeff Ream!

6 minutes ago, dans said:

Oh my. This place is slowly turning into RAMD. Does every opinion on here have to be challenged by you and Jeff Ream!

What's RAMD?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

What's RAMD?

Old pre-DCP drum corps site.  I only saw it once, but apparently there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth... and also, a certain "her" who was especially bad...  

...aaaand GO CADETS! :-D I have a student who wants to audition, but I didn't see any audition materials yet.  Anyone know a timeline for that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I was personally shocked they got fourth. I think a lot of people were

I'm not. Maybe you didn't like the show but they slowly moved up the ranks. I personally preferred Bcoats but was not  surprised that Cavies edged them at finals.

13 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree, but they have not found their way back into the top 3. They were a perennial top 3 corps, just like Cadets; so the comparison is fair. Since 2011 they [Cavaliers] have not been the same corps. And to me their 4th place finish this year was a weak one. 

I don't know what you mean by "weak one". Do you consider Bluecoats 2nd place finish in 2014 as WEAK? They never beat Cadets until finals night. Same thing with Cavies passing Coats this year. It happens. Not weak. Just peaking at the right time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

Old pre-DCP drum corps site.  I only saw it once, but apparently there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth... and also, a certain "her" who was especially bad...  

...aaaand GO CADETS! :-D I have a student who wants to audition, but I didn't see any audition materials yet.  Anyone know a timeline for that?

At the end of the non-announcement about Shanefield, Jones, and Aungst returning, there is a slight mention of auditions and a link to this info:

Audition Packets

Get ready for auditions by downloading audition packets from 2017.
Download

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ranintothedoor said:

In the same boat. We downloaded the 2017 audition packet and materials for her to practice on (there's a lot of information that is general knowledge and not specific to any show) and the 2017 music. Cost $25. Contacted a YEA rep who said the official packet/music for 2018 will be available about Sept 15 or so. We are hitting the MetLife auditions, since we'll already be there for HS marching band Championships. 

• Like 1