Cadets 2018

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

If this is what may happen, will someone please make sure the sharp objects are kept from George D.!

Deciding to remain in the Bernstein agreement (or not) isn't really "picking a show" now is it?

I'm fine. Just been busy at work - very. #lifehappens 

I know they had meetings beginning over the weekend of September 10th to start defining/contracts for the techs and the last couple design folks for guard and visual - that much Hopkins made public

My other understanding were meetings in NYC to determine is it Lenny or not for 2018

They have stated they hope it is / would love to be part of his 100th birthday celebration

That would define some of the show since I believe a concert at some point next July was part of the vision for this 3 year alignment 

Regardless, Cadets will be (more than fine) - personally expect them to have a very solid 2018

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

A break from DCP and DCI matters is well earned.

Exactly. Well - my "break" has been filled with "work" but yet, a breather now and then is a good thing

On 9/15/2017 at 10:31 AM, xandandl said:

it gets worse. Audition experience date and place no longer appear on either website, DCI corps announcements, or elsewhere.

I wonder what is really up???

First audition dates are at MetLife: https://yea.org/news/1750-cadets-and-cadets2-first-audition-camp-to-be-a-pro-stadium-event the day after a USBands event when all the stuff will already be there.

5 hours ago, Icer said:

dFirst audition dates are at MetLife: https://yea.org/news/1750-cadets-and-cadets2-first-audition-camp-to-be-a-pro-stadium-event the day after a USBands event when all the stuff will already be there.

Yes I know and that was my point exactly.

The correct info you give is not included in the DCI web page  announcement which says "dates to be determined." Worse still is that DCI links one to an out of date YEA link which was not updated. It's not DCI's fault but Allentown''s.

Edited by xandandl

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Yes I know and that was my point exactly.

The correct info you give is not included in the DCI web page  announcement which says "dates to be determined." Worse still is that DCI links one to an out of date YEA link which was not uploaded. It's not DCI's fault but Allentown''s.

There is a new Director of Performing Ensembles in place - Dave Marden, who is serious, mature and highly professional.  I suspect a lot of this will get straightened out pretty quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icer said:

There is a new Director of Performing Ensembles in place - Dave Marden, who is serious, mature and highly professional.  I suspect a lot of this will get straightened out pretty quickly.

he is also bearing the title Assistant Director of the Cadets.

6 hours ago, flammaster said:

I just want to say that 2015 is my favorite Cadets show and I hope they do something like that.

did the uniform change affect the degree to which you enjoyed it?