Cadets 2018

Thursday night GH confirmed Cadets and Blue Knights will also do Pacific Northwest tour plus Cadets doing Cali tour beginning 6/21 from LA to San Fran; after Seattle onto Boise and Ogden  before day in Boulder and contest in Denver before hopping back on tour. But he says on FB that he's not supposed to talk about DCI tour until Thanksgiving, so ssshhh.

Electronics was a sajor discussion and explanation today but final results will be decided at January Rules Congress. Directors are all over the lot with the issue he sez.

Edited by xandandl

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:17 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

If you compare the Cadets design with those of the top 5 and can't see that it isn't in the same league, then I don't know what to tell you. If you think the top 5 didn't have better designed and more compelling shows than the Cadets (BAC and BK too) then I don't know what you're looking at/hearing. The Cadets show was musically beautiful (choir included), but the design staff was completely out of touch with what it takes, from a design standpoint, to compete with the top corps. It was way too literal (the benches, the robes, the bibles, the crosses, the narration - complete over kill. I'm surprised they didn't pass out collection plates through the stands at finals. The changes made that show worse as the season progressed, not better), the props were entirely useless and poorly designed themselves, and just old in it's design. It looked like a relic from the distant past next to SCV and BD. I loved the choir - that was the one thing they did brilliantly. But, if you cannot recognize the massive shortcomings and design issues of the 2017 show, then you either can't get past your bias or you do not understand how a championship show is designed. It's that simple.

Cavies and Crowns shows both annoyed me to no end. So much so that I didn't even bother watching them during finals week. The Cadets staff is completely incapable of designing a good show, much less a championship one. SCV's show was the most brilliant thing I've ever seen on the field after 1993 Star. All elements of SCV's show were brilliantly integrated and executed. There was nothing done during their show that didn't need to be done. THAT's what makes a brilliant design - filling a show to the brim with stuff, but doing it in a way that isn't overkill. The Cadets show, by comparison was silly and embarrassing. I felt bad for those kids having to perform that show. 2017 SCV completely blew away the 2017 Cadets in every way, shape and form. Absolutely no contest in any facet of design or execution. I can say the same, with confidence, about the entire top 6 in comparison to the Cadets. It was a terrible season for them any way you slice it, and there is zero indication they will return to the top tier as long as GH remains in charge. You could see the signs of this starting in 2012, but it really kicked into high gear in 2016 and the downward trend continued in 2017. Not looking promising for their future, especially when one person, who's completely lost touch with reality, pulls all the strings.

Wow. You are not too bitter are you. Change your name to "Bitter Betty" it's a much more fitting name.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

just aware that a lot of folks in Texas are dealing with post-Harvey finance issues.

Then they and YEA are kindred spirits. 

11 hours ago, xandandl said:

Thursday night GH confirmed Cadets and Blue Knights will also do Pacific Northwest tour plus Cadets doing Cali tour beginning 4/21 from LA to San Fran; after Seattle onto Boise and Ogden  before day in Boulder and contest in Denver before hopping back on tour. But he says on FB that he's not supposed to talk about DCI tour until Thanksgiving, so ssshhh.

Electronics was a sajor discussion and explanation today but final results will be decided at January Rules Congress. Directors are all over the lot with the issue he sez.

April 21??  They better get clean this year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Sideways said:

April 21??  They better get clean this year!

Yes, it should have been 6.21, I'm a morning person and should not type things late at night.

But wasn't it BAC under Tom Spadaro or Regiment when they made their first Cali tour under RV who did their ST in Cali too? If Cadets really did ST out West that would definitely separate GH from running Allentown office AND the design team simultaneously. I don't think he has claimed bi-location as a super power ....YET. Might be the 2018 3surprise.

Edited by xandandl

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

But wasn't it BAC under Tom Spadaro or Regiment when they made their first Cali tour under RV who did their ST in Cali too?  .

Boston did the West Coast start in 12 (Titans).  They stayed in Folsom, CA.  

On 9/27/2017 at 2:17 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

If you compare the Cadets design with those of the top 5 and can't see that it isn't in the same league, then I don't know what to tell you. If you think the top 5 didn't have better designed and more compelling shows than the Cadets (BAC and BK too) then I don't know what you're looking at/hearing. The Cadets show was musically beautiful (choir included), but the design staff was completely out of touch with what it takes, from a design standpoint, to compete with the top corps. It was way too literal (the benches, the robes, the bibles, the crosses, the narration - complete over kill. I'm surprised they didn't pass out collection plates through the stands at finals. The changes made that show worse as the season progressed, not better), the props were entirely useless and poorly designed themselves, and just old in it's design. It looked like a relic from the distant past next to SCV and BD. I loved the choir - that was the one thing they did brilliantly. But, if you cannot recognize the massive shortcomings and design issues of the 2017 show, then you either can't get past your bias or you do not understand how a championship show is designed. It's that simple.

Cavies and Crowns shows both annoyed me to no end. So much so that I didn't even bother watching them during finals week. The Cadets staff is completely incapable of designing a good show, much less a championship one. SCV's show was the most brilliant thing I've ever seen on the field after 1993 Star. All elements of SCV's show were brilliantly integrated and executed. There was nothing done during their show that didn't need to be done. THAT's what makes a brilliant design - filling a show to the brim with stuff, but doing it in a way that isn't overkill. The Cadets show, by comparison was silly and embarrassing. I felt bad for those kids having to perform that show. 2017 SCV completely blew away the 2017 Cadets in every way, shape and form. Absolutely no contest in any facet of design or execution. I can say the same, with confidence, about the entire top 6 in comparison to the Cadets. It was a terrible season for them any way you slice it, and there is zero indication they will return to the top tier as long as GH remains in charge. You could see the signs of this starting in 2012, but it really kicked into high gear in 2016 and the downward trend continued in 2017. Not looking promising for their future, especially when one person, who's completely lost touch with reality, pulls all the strings.

Interesting that you blast someone else for possible bias when your own entire posting here is nothing more than your biased opinion. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stu said:

Interesting that you blast someone else for possible bias when your own entire posting here is nothing more than your biased opinion. Just sayin'.

I digress, but this NFL/National Anthem is similar since many complaining are the same people who are at the concession stands getting a beer during the NA, the CS are left open during the NA, and no one takes a minute or so to stop what they're doing to face the field.  Probably the same people who continue to walk around a track while the HS/college soccer match is started with the NA.

48 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I digress, but this NFL/National Anthem is similar since many complaining are the same people who are at the concession stands getting a beer during the NA, the CS are left open during the NA, and no one takes a minute or so to stop what they're doing to face the field.  Probably the same people who continue to walk around a track while the HS/college soccer match is started with the NA.

Oh how I want to respond to the NFL issue; but I also do not want to get this thread shut down. Suffice it to say that I for one attend sporting events and stop whatever I am doing and show respect to both the National Anthem and Prayer. And most, not all, but most of those around me, especially at NASCCR events, do the same.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, dooser11 said:

I just read their latest job postings.  Do these candidates even exist? They have so many expectations and requirements.

They do not exist. George will hire people who "kind of" fit the bill and then they'll either quit from burnout within six months or he will fire them inappropriately.

• Like 1