Cadets 2018

20 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Is no one going to bring up that the Director of USBands resigned on Friday... in the middle of band season... via the most scathing, bridge-burning letter that I think I've ever seen? If half of the stuff alleged is true... GH is a very bad person.

No one?

Wheres the letter??

• Like 2

20 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Is no one going to bring up that the Director of USBands resigned on Friday... in the middle of band season... via the most scathing, bridge-burning letter that I think I've ever seen? If half of the stuff alleged is true... GH is a very bad person.

No one?

Shockingly predictable. I’m sure the problem doesn’t see their self as the problem, yet the door to YEA goes round and round and round. Scott McCormick was there for as long as a cup of coffee. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow.  That inspires a workforce.  Cut my salary and ask me to do more.  Sounds like a dream job.  :lle:

It blew up on Facebook right before Labor Day. Granted their shows seem admin top heavy compared to other places in the region but waiting til the last minute wasn't well received 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

He's having a hard time staffing shows now and cut pay for admin etc the week before the first shows 

They would need to use more people from the new areas. They can't expand much if they keep things totally centralized. Not saying it is easy, for sure.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Wheres the letter??

FOURTEEN OF YOU DM'D ME ASKING FOR THE LETTER.

I'm not sure how legal it is to pass on when I'm not even sure if it's legal that I got it. There is some stuff in there that alleges things that may or may not be true and I don't want to get in trouble for passing along false accusations.

THAT SAID... here are some excerpts of what I would consider the non-controversial stuff. Lots of content and personal information snipped out. I should add that I have NO IDEA IF THIS LETTER IS REAL OR NOT, but I think it is based on some conversations that I've had:

As the Director of a multi-million company (USBands), you hired me to run a business, be successful, think strategically and plan. Instead, I am left to fight for every single decision I try to make. I am left to deal with constant berating by a bully. I am left to find the good in everything this company does every weekend because all you do is point out anything and everything you can find that didn’t go right.

(...)

...instead, we fly by the seat of our pants and have our travel credit cards declined while we are on travel because you can’t pay the bills.

(...)

You continually throw your employees under the bus and must make yourself look like the hero. You make it seem like you were not involved in decision-making processes that might be controversial, then when there is backlash you blame it on me or other folks in the office just so you can look like the “good guy.” I will no longer be your scapegoat.

(...)

As I mentioned earlier, the people that work for you are your most important assets. But you do not treat them as such. You expect us to drive back to Allentown from Boston after a 12-hour work day without so much as the offer of a hotel room. You always say your decisions are based on saving money. But if USBands had a budget, you wouldn’t have to force your employees into such dangerous situations.

(...)

I wholeheartedly believe in the mission and vision of YEA! and USBands, but I can no longer be treated as dispensable. Some people may be able to give 12 hours a day to the cause, and that is great for them and you, but my life is outside of YEA! which will ALWAYS take priority over my work. It is clear that this is not something you are okay with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hop the business mogul...doesn't have a budget.  Fly by the seat of your pants much?  Sounds like that lethal combination of arrogance and ignorance with him. 

29 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

FOURTEEN OF YOU DM'D ME ASKING FOR THE LETTER.

I'm not sure how legal it is to pass on when I'm not even sure if it's legal that I got it. There is some stuff in there that alleges things that may or may not be true and I don't want to get in trouble for passing along false accusations.

THAT SAID... here are some excerpts of what I would consider the non-controversial stuff. Lots of content and personal information snipped out. I should add that I have NO IDEA IF THIS LETTER IS REAL OR NOT, but I think it is based on some conversations that I've had:

Thank you. 

The excerpts show another example of why if you change nothing nothing’s going to change. Who in their right mind would work for let alone with an insecure narcissistic bullying personality? It’s going to take allot to clean up YEA once the bottom falls out, and trust me the bottom will fall out. That’s no way to run a business. 

Edited by Jim Schehr