Cadets 2018

Anybody taking a job in that organization will be in over their head, because they will not be enabled to make decisions, they will not be supported financially, all problems will be blamed on them, by GH. So you can say this guy took on a job he couldn't handle. I tend to think the reason he couldn't handle it was not the nature of the job, but rather the nature of the boss he reported to.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I do agree that it is a bit loaded and dramatic for a letter of resignation. That being said, I can see circumstances where one might feel is appropriate. One of those situations might be to ensure that the board of directors is getting accurate information and a picture of the true circumstances. One of the many accusations here is that the CEO blames other leadership for what are oftentimes his failures. And manipulates situations so he is looking like the hero. If the board is looking from the top down they are probably getting a picture from the CEO that could not be accurate.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

or more of the same many employees have said over the last several years

appears so :

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Youth-Education-in-the-Arts-Reviews-E930304.htm

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Blaming the victim never solves anything. 

Not blaming the victim, what I am saying is that if there's anyone in the activity that doesn't know the personality that they were dealing with they have to be living under a rock. Now with that said the shiny object of being with such a storied organization can also Cloud someone's judgement, one can certainly hope for the best but when there is history it usually follows suit. I will say on the other side of this the man has run a quality organization and is quite responsible from many of the successes the Drum Corps has had but what often happens what Rises a person to huge success often is the very thing that brings them down. I have seen this often also in quick successes.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

The BOD has probably seen a dozen similarly-stated resignation letters over the last several years, and it doesn't seem to move the needle. 

This sort of behavior wouldn’t be tolerated in any public company. Why they tolerate and even support it in an organization supposedly focused on educating young people is truly baffling. Makes you wonder.

• Like 1