Cadets 2018

11 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

This sort of behavior wouldn’t be tolerated in any public company. Why they tolerate and even support it in an organization supposedly focused on educating young people is truly baffling. Makes you wonder.

I believe it's tolerated more often than people think, especially when u deal with those responsible for ultimate success. Those wishing to climb that ladder, be a part, contribute, Excell themselves or a number reasons often put themselves in positions.  It's thinking one might change the the big fat cats spots is where people get disappointed. Just look around every day for that proof.

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

The BOD has probably seen a dozen similarly-stated resignation letters over the last several years, and it doesn't seem to move the needle. 

Some has said its principally because the BOD there are essentially hand picked people by GH himself that then basically mostly rubber stamp whatever he wants. Others more closer to the Cadets would have to shed light on whether or not that perception from outsiders looking in is accurate or not however.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

Let us pray

but it wasn't god #### good

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

I do agree that it is a bit loaded and dramatic for a letter of resignation. That being said, I can see circumstances where one might feel is appropriate. One of those situations might be to ensure that the board of directors is getting accurate information and a picture of the true circumstances. One of the many accusations here is that the CEO blames other leadership for what are oftentimes his failures. And manipulates situations so he is looking like the hero. If the board is looking from the top down they are probably getting a picture from the CEO that could not be accurate.

not like the board will do anything. It's been going on like this for years. I mean Justin left for gods sakes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

I believe it's tolerated more often than people think, especially when u deal with those responsible for ultimate success. Those wishing to climb that ladder, be a part, contribute, Excell themselves or a number reasons often put themselves in positions.  It's thinking one might change the the big fat cats spots is where people get disappointed. Just look around every day for that proof.

ask Weinstein

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not like the board will do anything. It's been going on like this for years. I mean Justin left for gods sakes

maybe Justin and Systemblue will buy out USBands thus solving the million dollar deficit.

Hey, we can always fantasize. Otherwise it will be AIM in Boston???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

This sort of behavior wouldn’t be tolerated in any public company. Why they tolerate and even support it in an organization supposedly focused on educating young people is truly baffling. Makes you wonder.

My guess is that they're afraid that if GH was moved out, the whole thing would collapse under its own weight, because no one else would be ready to take charge of the various pieces. Whoever the director of USBands is within the company is the person who should be being groomed as GH's successor, but if they can't keep anyone in the gig, that doesn't bode well for a successful transition. Oh well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

My guess is that they're afraid that if GH was moved out, the whole thing would collapse under its own weight, because no one else would be ready to take charge of the various pieces. Whoever the director of USBands is within the company is the person who should be being groomed as GH's successor, but if they can't keep anyone in the gig, that doesn't bode well for a successful transition. Oh well.

Well, it's collapsing under its own weight currently.  If, in the event of a significant structural alignment, one would think there would be more than enough people with skills and expertise willing to step in to fill the gaps.  Enough past Cadets wind up in prominent positions elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Groom a replacement?  Haha. As if GH has any plans to step down anytime soon.