Cadets 2018

7 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Gino and Bentley. Looks like Cadets did fine with two of BD's finest, even got themselves a couple titles and brass trophies.   We all love the activity and it's great corps can share talent across the aisle. I'll just leave it there.  

An imaginary conjecture of mine is, "What would DCI be like for a season if for a mid season  one week the corps switched their faculty with other corps, last year's 12 would be taught by last year's first in brass, while 12 would teach 6, 2 would teach 11, 11 would teach 5, etc.??? Imagine the Harloffs teaching Colts horn line, Scojo teaching Madison, Gaines teaching Troopers etc. for examples.

Yes, there would be stylistic differences in some captions (battery drumming, bicycle marching vs. straight leg, etc.) but things like tonality, cross ensemble awareness, intervals and body deportment are skills universal across the activity. If the activity is really a youth activity and the youth are to be made better performers, adults, and musicians, there might be some rather great plusses. If I remember correctly, DCM once tried something similar one year bitd at their field day with clinics by different instructors for brass sectionals, etc.

As I say, might be interesting,

Edited by xandandl

if following the Cadets 2018 thread brings DCP's unbearable stress to anyone , then they could try some Yoga breathing exercises to relieve such stress. Its been known to relieve negative thoughts and feelings, and it appears that it has even worked for the Grinch to help relieve his negative thoughts, feelings. Just a suggestion anyway.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Gino and Bentley. Looks like Cadets did fine with two of BD's finest, even got themselves a couple titles and brass trophies.   We all love the activity and it's great corps can share talent across the aisle. I'll just leave it there.  

absolutely - great exceptions - but that said, how do you explain this? where he is clearly marked "property of the Cadets"? :spitting:

XKQJ472E.jpg

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, Cappybara said:

nvm.

Don't you have some teeth to clean somewhere??:laughing:

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

absolutely - great exceptions - but that said, how do you explain this? where he is clearly marked "property of the Cadets"? :spitting:

XKQJ472E.jpg

Who knows.. its a t shirt.. He's on tour, and busy. It was probably a toss up t shirt decision this day btw this former Cadets T shirt and this  one here :

lastcleanblack.gif

Edited by BRASSO

On 10/13/2017 at 7:32 PM, FTNK said:

Gino 

not everyone stays everywhere. it happens. But you cant just throw out there that BD pillages everyone else

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

it must be Magic!

no they folded several years ago