Cadets 2018

39 minutes ago, xandandl said:

key returnees and a half dozen add ons, some who have taught Cadets under Bocook/Cipriani regime. Varied backgrounds on the newbies, but an emphasis on classical and trumpet techs.

O. says that all but the bottom four on the list taught at least some portion of last season.

Drew Shanefield: Arranger/Caption Supervisor
Scott-Lee Atchison: Caption Head
Branden Hill: Assistant Caption Head
Dr. Aaron Witek: Instructor, Pedagogy Coordinator
Mark Whitlock: Brass Advisor
Aaron Vogel: Instructor
Dan Berard: Instructor
Scott Whitford: Instructor
Derrell Wallace: Instructor
DiaShamar Marshall: Instructor
Aidan Ritchie: Instructor
Joseph Guimaraes: Instructor

10 hours ago, Eleran said:

O. says that all but the bottom four on the list taught at least some portion of last season.

Drew Shanefield: Arranger/Caption Supervisor
Scott-Lee Atchison: Caption Head
Branden Hill: Assistant Caption Head
Dr. Aaron Witek: Instructor, Pedagogy Coordinator
Mark Whitlock: Brass Advisor
Aaron Vogel: Instructor
Dan Berard: Instructor
Scott Whitford: Instructor
Derrell Wallace: Instructor
DiaShamar Marshall: Instructor
Aidan Ritchie: Instructor
Joseph Guimaraes: Instructor

Joe (also an alum) taught back in 2012. Now that he's doing Yale, we'll have to do lunch on Wooster Street.

Dan Berard at Fossil Ridge teaches with a former Cadets low brass instructor whom Aaron Vogel replaced as band director at Loveland. I believe that when Aaron moved on, another Cadets alum stepped in to replace him.  Small world in that Ft. Collins circle.

Edited by xandandl

Also, I had no problem with the wording of the new brass staff, in particular "success". I did feel the 2017 show was more successful than 2016. There were some things I would have pulled out of that show, but overall last year was way better in design and the corps ultimately performed well at Finals.

Troopers holding an audition in the northeast too this off season. Dec. 3rd..( Brass.. in Chestnut Hill, Ma).

Edited by BRASSO

4 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Also, I had no problem with the wording of the new brass staff, in particular "success". I did feel the 2017 show was more successful than 2016. There were some things I would have pulled out of that show, but overall last year was way better in design and the corps ultimately performed well at Finals.

I mean, if you define "success" as, "Fired our caption head mid-tour and then got 10th in brass content at finals," then sure. I guess.

37 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

I mean, if you define "success" as, "Fired our caption head mid-tour and then got 10th in brass content at finals," then sure. I guess.

I thought those were thematic decisions, as a reference to the power of ten, and to the influence of religion on the monarchy as in "off with our head".

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Troopers holding an audition in the northeast too this off season. Dec. 3rd..( Brass.. in Chestnut Hill, Ma).

Joining Cadets with Holy Name and Crusaders with Most Precious Blood, are the Troopers going Jesuit?

7 hours ago, JKT90 said:

Reddit dropped another one on GH. And one on Pioneer. 

Reddit is a treasure. And I mean that seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1