Cadets 2018

38 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

IMO there is a high probability this is the case - but that's based on inference and not any insider type information because I have none

If Cadets don't do Bernstein, for sure Conspiracy theorists on DCP and reddit will be blaming this on GH too since Cadets' colors were gold, maroon, and creamish white.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/11/04/lincoln-center-fountain-prank/

On 11/3/2017 at 11:04 PM, cadet93 said:

Am I the only one that thinks they are not doing Bernstein, and will not be involved with the NY Phil?

GH has been suspiciously quiet on this front during his videos, and any information that has been released.  Which leads me to think the deal fell through.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree with Bernstein

No inside info, but my gut says GH will walk away from the deal with the Office of Leonard Bernstein.  It seemed that the deal's many restrictions slowed GH's ability to tweak the show design quickly.  2018 is a year when he will not want his hands tied in any way.  

• Like 1

I have to admit something to  everyone in cadet land here on DCP.

I hold a GRUDGE,  from all the way back in 1989.

I need to get this Monkey off my back, so I thought I would start here. 

Sometime this week I will explain the GRUDGE, what I am going to do to get rid of the Monkey off my back and

Yep, 

things are about to get juicy! 

Alcohol you later, 

Peace. 

• Like 2

According to GH on his Sunday night Zoom talk now on corps FB page,  Marc Whitlock will run the brass auditions at Giants Stadium for Sunday 11/12. Tom Aungst and Dave Dumont will run percussion auditions. Based on pre-registrations as many as 600 will audition for both Cadets and C2 with 100 more registered for Houston auditions. 

GH gave Cadets numbers as 3 DMs (2 vets and 1 open backfield position.) 4 singers who will also be moving on the field. 36 color guard. Battery will be 9 snares, 5 quads, 5 bass and 14 in Front Ensemble. That leaves 74 brass, yes?

Show music will not be done or discussed at auditions according  to what he said as design meetings are still ongoing. (Probably won't be announced until auditions are over meaning Jan. camp.)

Total cost to be in Cadets 2018 inclusive is 4K. Goal of corps is not just to win contests but to prosper "magnificent human beings for whom excellence is always a value to work toward."

Interesting.

Edited by xandandl

14 hours ago, xandandl said:

Cadets 4 singers who will also be moving on the field. 

Sounds like the 4 for 2018 could be possibly from the Guard then,  if they will be singing and " moving on the field ". I kind of like that better than singers who are recruited to just sing in Drum Corps competitions and really just" park and bark" in one spot with their singing voices the entire show.

Edited by BRASSO

38 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Sounds like the 4 for 2018 could be possibly from the Guard then,  if they will be singing and " moving on the field ". I kind of like that better than singers who are recruited to just sing in Drum Corps competitions and really just" park and bark" in one spot with their singing voices the entire show.

Or they may be people more like Broadway performers who can sing and also dance/move. 

• Like 2