Cadets 2018

26 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Now you've done it.  Posted about something other than 2018 Cadets specifically right after everyone got a finger wag and chastising (angrily I might add) from Brass34.  You're gonna get it now from him.  

But Cadets '18 had auditions for the band kids of Texas this weekend.

I thought I was keeping you busy with the BAC vids I just posted on that thread.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Cadets '18 had auditions for the band kids of Texas this weekend.

Any videos from it yet, X ?.... Or maybe tomorrow ?

Edited by BRASSO

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Given the photos, vids, and gossip of the various corps camps this weekend, was there any band kid in America and others who didn't audition for drum corps this weekend?

I'd guess tens of thousands.

11 hours ago, Brass34 said:

What the F does this have to do with Cadets 2018? Some of your guys' obsession with Hop is pitiful. Something happened THIRTY YEARS AGO and you still have a grudge. Reveals a lot about you. If you want to start a Hop bashing thread, by all means go ahead. However, I'm more interested in what is happening this year, right now. Glad to hear camps are going well

Just so you know Francis, I see GH as a icon in the activity. 

There is absolutely no bashing needed, I  am doing this for myself there are no guy's,  just one cat looking for the 1983 opener score in 2018. (hence me posting in the 2018 thread )

So I  was figuring that if we could get it, we would have enough time to be ready to play by 2019. Maybe set something up to perform with you all out on the East Coast together. Of course I would be performing seeing that I am involved with the Super Corps, it's the off season and just so you know Francis 

that's just how I roll. 

Thank you 

Peace 

15 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I've been busy with extended family matters including the hospitalization of one sibling from cancer complications so I am not on track.

That said I did hear rumors.

Said videos have supposedly hit a snag, something about a wall being built around Texas by some govt. agency. The other more than rumor was that the wall building had to go into super-mode over this past weekend due to the exodus from Mexico City, all claiming to be some patriots or other;  most seemed to be raiders and like ilk. all of whose passports had to be checked, re-checked, deflated, re-inflated, and checked again.

Edited by xandandl

16 hours ago, BRASSO said:

https://yea.org/news/1879-cadets-camp-recap-houston-tx-11-18-19

Videos delayed while Tresona clears the rights of "Deep in the heart of... clap, clap, clap" that the Texas kids  spontaneously breakout to sing every time their State is named such as at WGI contests, BOA contests, USBands contests, and other such strange gatherings. It seems some Crossmen are playing Guardians to the rights in a new Revolution.

Edited by xandandl

On 11/17/2017 at 4:41 PM, xandandl said:

On another thread, MikeD wrote:

I think the NewsFeed machnie got stuck,  and somebody had to kick it to get it moving.

My question is, "Does that work on Jeff Ream too? He's also a week behind what was already posted and discussed. Time to move along into the present."

no i was living my life.

A funny little story about your icon.

Back in 87, these 3 girls from Stillwater wanted us to go to a party with them after the show. I am like, hell yes. Me, the 3 girls about 6 other members take off and go. So here we are at this party, a lot of people,  I go to the bathroom. I come back and this cocky dude is hitting on these 3 girls. I walk up and he says, who are you? I pause, I say, who are you? 

Shakes my hand and says, I am GH, director of the Garfield Cadets. 

I say cool, I am Jason Brady,  a marching member of The 1987 Madison Scouts, I play Baritone. These girls are coming with me. We walk away with a giggle to go get a beer. Meet up with my brother and 5 other members,  we are at a party.  Who walks in the door? 

My staff.  Scott Stewart, Todd Ryan, Scott Borma, Chris Thompson, Scooter, Pearson,  Loeffelholz, Mason,

We were at a staff party. They just saw me, with the 3 girls, they have no idea about the other 5 members partying down stairs, and I got the look from Scott. I thought I was in trouble. 

He takes me to the side and tells me that I have to leave, he assumes that there are others,  he was right. He does know me.

I tell the girls we have to go, we give hugs, we all walk out to our staff, we smile,  and we leave. Off to the next day of tour.

Small world. Those 3 girls wrote me letters for years.

I met a icon that night. 

imo some people walk the walk, some just talk.

That dude is walking,  and I like people that walk, instead of talk.

The first of many hand shakes over the years. 

I am a huge fan of your Drum Corps. Your kids really work hard every year. Can't wait to see what is next. 

Peace 

2 hours ago, dans said:

Alan Aungst (2017 age out from the Blue Devils & son of Tom Aungst) is listed on percussion staff for the 2018 Cadets. That's pretty cool...good addition for the present and future of the Cadets!

Alan also marched Crown's battery before moving West to study under Scojo.  AA is a different personality from his Dad's but many of the same talents.

Also noted on that staff listing is the return of Lee Beddis to the Cadets as asst. caption supervisor. With both Beddis and Aungst, that is a lot of super strong focus for the battery. 

Great note of Tom Eder, recent Cadets' age-out and super person, as a visual tech. He and his Wisconsin family would also make sure that sufficient North End of Bahstahn pizza was available when current corps did Hub shows. This is one, humble, super talented and personable trumpeter who will be a good bridge between corps mms and staff as he's much respected by both.