Cadets 2018

re: https://yea.org/news/1879-cadets-camp-recap-houston-tx-11-18-19

I agree with those who pmd me through various sites. This press release is clever corporate speak which says nothing except that the writer is a weather whiner. Traditionally, complainers don't do well in Cadets.

Photos like Blue Stars' show and tell, Regiment's visual shots and Crown's huddles speak more convincingly. This weekend's Cadets & 2 auditions at Delran H.S. in Jersey outside of Philly will provide more photo ops.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Alan also marched Crown's battery before moving West to study under Scojo.  AA is a different personality from his Dad's but many of the same talents.

Also noted on that staff listing is the return of Lee Beddis to the Cadets as asst. caption supervisor. With both Beddis and Aungst, that is a lot of super strong focus for the battery. 

Great note of Tom Eder, recent Cadets' age-out and super person, as a visual tech. He and his Wisconsin family would also make sure that sufficient North End of Bahstahn pizza was available when current corps did Hub shows. This is one, humble, super talented and personable trumpeter who will be a good bridge between corps mms and staff as he's much respected by both.

Lee never seems to get enough respect. thats a good pick up!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Great note of Tom Eder, recent Cadets' age-out and super person, as a visual tech. He and his Wisconsin family would also make sure that sufficient North End of Bahstahn pizza was available when current corps did Hub shows. This is one, humble, super talented and personable trumpeter who will be a good bridge between corps mms and staff as he's much respected by both.

So from last year's trumpet line, that makes two age-outs now on Cadets' staff, and two more on C2's staff, in addition to all the vets returning to the line for 2018. 

3 minutes ago, Eleran said:

So from last year's trumpet line, that makes two age-outs now on Cadets' staff, and two more on C2's staff, in addition to all the vets returning to the line for 2018. 

yup, must have been those perpetual novenas of MASSes (pun) to pray away unemployment and other struggles, amen, amen.

On 11/6/2017 at 2:28 AM, thirdcoast said:

I have to admit something to  everyone in cadet land here on DCP.

I hold a GRUDGE,  from all the way back in 1989.

I need to get this Monkey off my back, so I thought I would start here. 

Sometime this week I will explain the GRUDGE, what I am going to do to get rid of the Monkey off my back and

Yep, 

things are about to get juicy! 

Alcohol you later, 

Peace. 

So getting back to this monkey on my back.

Rocky Point Holiday from 83 is pretty sweet. 

Is there any way I could get the score? 

Thanks for any help on this sir. I think we could make a dollar or two with this, say for 2019.

It's the off season. 

The world is watching. 

Thank you. 

See you soon. 

On 11/23/2017 at 8:50 PM, xandandl said:

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Harrison H.S. (NY) seen in recent Stamford big balloon parade.

The 24th annual Downtown Stamford Parade Spectacular was held on November 19, 2017. The parade is one of the largest helium balloon parades in the country, featuring giant balloon characters, marching bands and floats. Were you SEEN? Photo: Vic Eng / Hearst Connecticut Media GroupThe 24th annual Downtown Stamford Parade Spectacular was held on November 19, 2017. The parade is one of the largest helium balloon parades in the country, featuring giant balloon characters, marching bands and floats. Were you SEEN? Photo: Vic Eng / Hearst Connecticut Media Group

These pictures give me such a case of cognitive dissonance!

• Haha 2