Cadets 2018

Just now, Ghost said:

Probably told to hold it that way.

But it looks so unprofessional, like those Chinese eBay listings for cheap horns... y'know what I'm talking about?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trumpet-Bb-B-Flat-Brass-Silver-Or-Golden-Bag-Mouthpiece-Gloves-Free-Ship-Y5R8-/302424798638?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275 

(look at 9th picture)

3 hours ago, corpscrazy said:

But it looks so unprofessional, like those Chinese eBay listings for cheap horns... y'know what I'm talking about?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trumpet-Bb-B-Flat-Brass-Silver-Or-Golden-Bag-Mouthpiece-Gloves-Free-Ship-Y5R8-/302424798638?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275 

(look at 9th picture)

4 hours ago, corpscrazy said:

Why hold your horn like that?!

or no arm muscles???  I don't know. Ask their horn staff. I thought you would be commenting on shako and plume angles sometimes even forgotten when one wears fakos or aussies.

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

or no arm muscles???  I don't know. Ask their horn staff. I thought you would be commenting on shako and plume angles sometimes even forgotten when one wears fakos or aussies.

I'd think their horn angles are messed up because they hold it like that...

7 hours ago, corpscrazy said:

Why hold your horn like that?!

are they competitive? often times in non competitive bands, the precision we expect isn't there.

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

. I thought you would be commenting on shako and plume angles 

I thought others might've noticed too that at least 2 marchers are seemingly out of step in the pictures.. ( but maybe too, thats just the former M & M staffer in me, noticing the slightest minutia detail.. haha! )

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I thought others might've noticed too that at least 2 marchers are seemingly out of step in the pictures.. ( but maybe too, thats just the former M & M staffer in me, noticing the slightest minutia detail.. haha! )

ah yes, the off season: nitpicking things what won't make a difference in God's universe, curing the sick, feeding and housing the poor while bored without show announcements, camp videos, and announcement of the DCI tour schedule.

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

are they competitive? often times in non competitive bands, the precision we expect isn't there.

No, Harrison NY is in Westchester county NY ( suburb of NYC) and is a pretty wealthy enclave. The band director at this school marched Bush in the early 2000's and is involved with the Brassmen parade corps now. They have a REALLY great music program at this school, great jazz band, concert band and choirs but they don't compete on a regular basis or not at all. Not all great music programs are dependent on holding a baritone properly or playing a quad lick clean. They have a large band, supported well by the parents and the school but it's just a small part of a really great music program. The great composer Steve Melillo taught at this school in the early 80's and today's band director was a student of his. 

These kids get a great education!

• Thanks 1