Cadets 2018

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I heard that the Cadets Vocalist section for this season will be performers in Guard. If so, does this mean that none of the vocalists from last year will be returning for this season, if age eligible, Xandandl ?

Not Xandandl, burn I do not believe this is the case. There’s information on the YEA website about how auditonees will have to prepare 32-64 bars of musical theater-ish repoirtoire, and George has said in live streams that they will be mobile, but I don’t believe they’ll be moving as much as guard members.

3 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

Not Xandandl, burn I do not believe this is the case. There’s information on the YEA website about how auditonees will have to prepare 32-64 bars of musical theater-ish repoirtoire, and George has said in live streams that they will be mobile, but I don’t believe they’ll be moving as much as guard members.

Oh, ok... thanks for that update... 'appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

I am not privy to the minds and plans of those 8 wonderful singers. Auditions will tell. What She who is has posted is correct to a degree. Since visual program has not been completed, no one knows what lateral demands will be made on individual members of any caption. Why limit the design team's creativity? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Since Cadets kids are focused, it was more likely chosen so that there are few neighbors around to complain about the max volume coming out of the hornline and percussion.

Jeff's always trying to ream it to someone.

probably chosen because it got a good deal and many staff are from the area.

From the corps site:

"After [the] first round of audition camps in New Jersey and Texas, there are still keyboard positions available in the front ensemble!

If you have what it takes to play with the world class CPit members and staff, sign up now at join.cadets.org!?"

[next camp is slated for outside Harrisburg, PA., then Houston, then back up north.]

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

From the corps site:

"After [the] first round of audition camps in New Jersey and Texas, there are still keyboard positions available in the front ensemble!

If you have what it takes to play with the world class CPit members and staff, sign up now at join.cadets.org!?"

[next camp is slated for outside Harrisburg, PA., then Houston, then back up north.]

Here's for hoping for an exciting show and something worthy of higher than 7th place. 

Cadets DCI schedule:  Pacific and Northwest tour year, Swamp tour year.

June:  22/Clovis, CA; 23/Palo Alto, CA; 24/Sacramento, CA  27/Santa Barbara, CA; 29/Oceanside, CA; 30/Pasadena, CA; 

July:    1/Riverside, CA;  travel days; 5/Ashland, OR; 6/Hillsboro, OR; 7/Seattle,  WA; 8/Tri-Cities, WA; travel day; 10 Boise, Idaho;                               11/Ogden, UT; travel days; 14/Denver, CO; 16/El Dorado, KS; 19/Denton, TX; 20/Katy, TX; 21/San Antonio, TX;; travel days;                            23/Lafayette, LA; 25/Hattiesburg, MS; 27/Nashville. TN; 28/Atlanta, GA' 29/Winston-Salem; 31/Maryland.

August:  1/Chester, PA; 2/Lawrence, MA; 3/rehearsal; 4/Allentown, PA; 5/Erie, PA; 6/rehearsal; 7/rehearsal; 8/rehearsal;                                                9/prelims, Indy; 10/Semis, Indy; 11/Finals, Indy; 12/Banquet and home.

C2 seems to be appearing at 3 DCI shows: June 30th in Philly, August 1st at Chester, PA, and Friday, August 3rd at Allentown, PA.