Cadets 2018

7 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

As if discussion of vocals somehow doesn't have anything to do with Cadets.  Funny.

not when the discussion is of Crown and Boston and no longer Cadets. Notice it is always the same hijackers. Dans is quite correct.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

not when the discussion is of Crown and Boston and no longer Cadets. Notice it is always the same hijackers.

DCP'ers will have lots of opportunities to discuss the Cadets singers ( not other Corps singers ) now on this thread... at least another year's worth of time. Learn to relax. No harm was intended by anyone on this thread.

Edited by BRASSO

I heard that the Cadets brass retention is at 50%.  Good job Cadets! I'm looking forward to hearing what you have in store for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

I'll bring the thread back to the Cadets by appending my previous statement that Cadets have over 50 per cent vets in the 2018 hornline by adding that last year there were a very large number of age-outs and rook-outs August 2017. (how another corps used vocalists should be discussed on that corps'' thread.)

that is indeed a good sign

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dans said:

Once again, moderators of DCP are missing when it comes to the Cadets thread.

no one reports it, it probably isn't noticed unless it's a thread full of fighting

Honestly, it's not surprising to hear there is a high percentage of vets in this year's Cadets. Despite the doom and gloom on DCP, those kids had FUN last season (something that was missing in 2016).  

Brass should be improved from last year. And I trust Aungst to make necessary adjustments to improve percussion from last year.

The big question mark, for me, will be visual. Let's all hope the costumes are a bit more streamlined (aka no skirts).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no one reports it, it probably isn't noticed unless it's a thread full of fighting

Typically on this site, if someone discusses corps X on corps Y's thread, the moderator tells them that there is already a thread on corps X, please move your conversation to that thread. The Cadets seem to be an exception for the moderators of this site...that was my point. It really isn't that big of a deal to me, just calling out the hypocrisy of the moderators on this site.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that is indeed a good sign

My wife and I went to Cadets camp last weekend...there are indeed good things happening with the corps. Brass line is improved and the charts have a lot more meat. Tom Aungst has a really good percussion section right now (talent levels are extremely high), and the front ensemble seems much improved over last year. The corps has completed 5+ minutes of show music and it's pretty cool! I'm cautiously optimistic...praying Mr. Hopkins lets the design staff do their thing and keeps his hands off!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

Typically on this site, if someone discusses corps X on corps Y's thread, the moderator tells them that there is already a thread on corps X, please move your conversation to that thread. The Cadets seem to be an exception for the moderators of this site...that was my point. It really isn't that big of a deal to me, just calling out the hypocrisy of the moderators on this site.

My understanding is that all DCP members are entitled to a refund of their membership fee should they be disappointed with the way the moderators do their job.

You can probably find the refund form in the Admin page of the site.

Edited by garfield
  • Haha 1