Cadets 2018

I also think ditching the Bernstein deal was for the best. Too many restrictions in having to get music arrangements approved. The music I heard at camp sounded more drum corps-esque, which should appeal to a wider audience

Edited by Brass34
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brass34 said:

I also think ditching the Bernstein deal was for the best. Too many restrictions in having to get the music arrangements approved. The music I heard at camp sounded more drum corps-esque, which should appeal to a wider audience

C2 is still doing some Bernstein, though. Was at camp for ensemble two weeks ago...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dans said:

Typically on this site, if someone discusses corps X on corps Y's thread, the moderator tells them that there is already a thread on corps X, please move your conversation to that thread. The Cadets seem to be an exception for the moderators of this site...that was my point. It really isn't that big of a deal to me, just calling out the hypocrisy of the moderators on this site.

honestly no. someone has to report it for it to be looked at. Unless it's a polarizing topic, they don't can thru thread after thread, only going in if stuff is reported. now the thread a few months ago about the child abuse stuff floating around online ( i dont do reddit so i hope there isn't more out there waiting to surprise us), that kind of topic, they'll look at. otherwise, don't hit the button, not gonna be noticed

(Yes they are.  :thumbs-up:  Just not omniscient.

Honestly, for the yeeeeeeaaaars of complaints about "anti Cadets bias" on DCP, nobody's ever actually asked how many mods were former Cadets or boosters.  You'd be surprised.  )

Anyways, glad to hear the Cadets are going more DCI-like this summer.  For all of the different philosophies and shows that the top 11 (let's face it, that's pretty much what it is now) bring, life's better when the Cadets are challenging for a title.

Mike

• Like 1

Politics can be left at the door, please. 

• Like 2

It's a long offseason, folks.

Threads have been known to have gone off-topic from time to time.  Somehow, they manage to find their way back onto the rails.

No big deal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

(Yes they are.  :thumbs-up:  Just not omniscient.

Honestly, for the yeeeeeeaaaars of complaints about "anti Cadets bias" on DCP, nobody's ever actually asked how many mods were former Cadets or boosters.  You'd be surprised.  )

Anyways, glad to hear the Cadets are going more DCI-like this summer.  For all of the different philosophies and shows that the top 11 (let's face it, that's pretty much what it is now) bring, life's better when the Cadets are challenging for a title.

Mike

I was timed out twice by a Cadet mod for talking about the Cadets, just saying 

anyway, I heard it's about to get interesting in Cadet-land 

10 hours ago, garfield said:

My understanding is that all DCP members are entitled to a refund of their membership fee should they be disappointed with the way the moderators do their job.

You can probably find the refund form in the Admin page of the site.

####, there goes our raise.....

and we aren't omnipresent, either....always appreciate help from the membership to keep the place tidy.  thanks!

Cadets 2018 - discuss.