Cadets 2018

From what I’ve read so far I am quite excited for this year’s edition of The Cadets.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yeah apparently bad enough it was deleted from reddit. 

Just when it was getting interesting too. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Nothing said was hype, imo. Just stating the fact that many members are returning and Drew/Tom seem to be pleased with the offseason progress. Whether that translates to success this summer is a mystery; no one knows and no one is saying that it will. 

However, as someone who heard the music at camp, it sounds better than last year. Doesn't mean they will place higher, as all corps get better every year and competition is stiffer than ever. But, if they can develop a solid program that the audience can get into, that is a win for this new team. They aren't going to launch back into the top 3 overnight; have to do it step by step

While you may be right (emphasis on MAY be, though you read some of the statements of the person to whom I was replying, some of them do rise to the level of "hype" in my opinion), my post was meant in a general sense in that every year we get people who've been to the camps, or read the posts of staff and director alike, and post reasons of why they think we should be excited. So I stand by my statement. I want action. Not posts. 

49 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

While you may be right (emphasis on MAY be, though you read some of the statements of the person to whom I was replying, some of them do rise to the level of "hype" in my opinion), my post was meant in a general sense in that every year we get people who've been to the camps, or read the posts of staff and director alike, and post reasons of why they think we should be excited. So I stand by my statement. I want action. Not posts. 

I completely understand and you are warranted in feeling that way. I more or less feel the same; you won't be seeing me hyping them this offseason. I'll wait until I see it on the field before I decide to be excited

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

So I stand by my statement. I want action. Not posts. 

Theres  approximately 145 days remaining to " action ".  Do you think you can make it to then without the " posts " in the meantime ?

• Thanks 1

There’ll be action. Of course that comes in many forms

• Like 1

I always love when people I've purposely ignored choose to comment on what I've said as if I'm gonna change what I said.

We've had enough hype posts in the past 7(?) years that I am entitled to feel the way I do just as those are entitled to feel the way they do.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I always love when people I've purposely ignored choose to comment on what I've said as if I'm gonna change what I said.

We've had enough hype posts in the past 7(?) years that I am entitled to feel the way I do just as those are entitled to feel the way they do.

#### straight.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 6:48 PM, JohnZ said:

####, there goes our raise.....

and we aren't omnipresent, either....always appreciate help from the membership to keep the place tidy.  thanks!

Cadets 2018 - discuss.

Really? You did not get a raise as a  mod? I got one....it was actually 5% over what I was already making.   :whistle:

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1