Cadets 2018

On 2/1/2018 at 12:29 PM, DCPusername said:

Can we agree that results would include winning at least 1 show in a year?  2017 was the first time since 1979 The Cadets did not win a single show.  Not one.  The Blue Stars won a show last year, and the Mandarins won two.  The Cadets, none.  It's a return to an era this corps should have forgotten permanently.  

Sad face :43_slight_frown:

FWIW the Cadets are doing fewer TOC shows this year which increases their likelihood of getting a win. Last summer Masillon TOC ran opposite of the Erie show. BK won Erie with a 90.6 and Cadets placed 6th with a score of 91.125.

In some ways it's a win win for 2018. Fans get to see the Cadets perform while other top corps are in another city and the Cadets are more likely to rack up wins.

I know people don't want to hear that the group with the 2nd most championships doesn't compete with the best of the best but the Cadets are still a very good corps.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, DCPusername said:

Can we agree that results would include winning at least 1 show in a year?  2017 was the first time since 1979 The Cadets did not win a single show.  Not one.  The Blue Stars won a show last year, and the Mandarins won two.  The Cadets, none.  It's a return to an era this corps should have forgotten permanently.  

Sad face :43_slight_frown:

First place is great, and I was surprised that Cadets did not win at least one show this past year. However, hearing you have won first place is a great boost, no question, but if you go back DCX and look at scores for 1980, Cadets did win a first place in a contest, but the corps below them were not finalists and Garfield did not place higher than any finalist of 1980 until prelims in Birmingham. I believe they did not place higher than Blue Stars and Troopers, finalists in 1979 until prelims. So who is in the competition is critical. Also, I am not sure I would consider 1979 a bad era for the corps. Sure, they would have loved to have made finals, but they were audience sweethearts, many thought they were unfairly judged and penalized, and they were an example of survival. Though I can't recall hearing it at the time, some DCP posters have said things were so challenging in 1980 the corps survival was in question, but there were some folks with vision at that time too.

4 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

FWIW the Cadets are doing fewer TOC shows this year which increases their likelihood of getting a win. Last summer Masillon TOC ran opposite of the Erie show. BK won Erie with a 90.6 and Cadets placed 6th with a score of 91.125. (at Masillon show.)

In some ways it's a win win for 2018. Fans get to see the Cadets perform while other top corps are in another city and the Cadets are more likely to rack up wins.

I know people don't want to hear that the group with the 2nd most championships doesn't compete with the best of the best but the Cadets are still a very good corps.

Excellent appraisal.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Come on, help us out here...?

Mike

Doesn't consigliere mean "The advisor to the Mafia or Mob?"  I thought they had "omerta"?  See Blue Devils ''2006"  They already know.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consigliere

one poster alone has been throwing these bombs of insinuation on another DCP thread almost fifty times. Seems like a bit of fixated obsession:  never once producing facts or follow-up. I think the Letter of James has a chapter about gossiping. I thought all the distractions this weekend were Superbowl.

Edited by xandandl

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Not every day I get asked to join a Cadets alumni group when I’ve never marched there lol

It was a suggestion by one member, not the people in charge of the group. The final decision was 'no', since you are not a  former member, or staff member.

The person asking made it clear it was his idea, not yours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

It was a suggestion by one member, not the people in charge of the group. The final decision was 'no', since you are not a  former member, or staff member.

The person asking made it clear it was his idea, not yours.

I said no anyway. I never marched there, so I shouldn’t be in there. 

• Thanks 1

Happy Almost Spring!!!!:w00t::w00t: Kinda....

• Like 1