Cadets 2018

10 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

It's Philly.   I'd put a Mummers band out front. :tongue:

presently, the Mummers are still disputing New Year's Day trophies I hear. Besides, no one said Hopkins would announce the 2018 costuming.

In other news, Chris Collinsworth has now been officially dropped by YEA as the announcer to the June 30th and August first contests.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

In other news, Chris Collinsworth has now been officially dropped by YEA as the announcer to the June 30th and August first contests.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I actually like Cris Collinsworth. I think he and Al Michaels are a great team.

Obviously, Eagles fans might disagree here.  :8_laughing:

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Not surprising after he refused to accept that the Boston Crusaders didn't win in 2017, complaining that the judges don't understand the witch rule.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Not surprising after he refused to accept that the Boston Crusaders didn't win in 2017, complaining that the judges don't understand the witch rule.

Yes, he confuses me. He sent his son to Notre Dame University where Touchdown Jesus is very particular about that. Gizelle must have him mesmerized.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Yes, he confuses me. He sent his son to Notre Dame University where Touchdown Jesus is very particular about that. Gizelle must have him mesmerized.

This thread confuses me now too as I could have sworn that Xandandl and dans did not want this thread topic to be about anything else but the Cadets 2018 and got very,.. VERY..  annoyed less than a week ago when other Corps or non Cadets 2018 discussions were brought into a discussion on this thread.  Was I perhaps dreaming ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2018 at 6:56 AM, dans said:

Typically on this site, if someone discusses corps X on corps Y's thread, the moderator tells them that there is already a thread on corps X, please move your conversation to that thread. The Cadets seem to be an exception for the moderators of this site...that was my point. It really isn't that big of a deal to me, just calling out the hypocrisy of the moderators on this site.

Interesting take.

13 hours ago, Eleran said:

As per Mr. Hopkins' Facebook page:   Cadets will be discussing their 2018 show this Wednesday night (Feb. 7) on Facebook (both Cadets' page and Mr. Hopkins' page).   Notices of exact time to follow.

"I'm not going to call it a "show announcement", but there'll be a lot of announcements ... we'll be talking about the Cadets' show this year; we'll be talking about the makeup of the corps ... letting you know some of the pieces of music we're playing and how it kind of all ties together ..."

Since I am currently on Tokyo time, I thought you were talking about tonight. Unfortunately I am a day ahead of schedule. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

nah, he's not feeling any pressure from Mandarins one upping him as first to announce as Mandy did last night. Hop is probably going to surprise us all that he's gotten C and C2 to lead the Eagles parade the next morning in Philly (he and Drew are quite the fans we know) and then heading off to Korea to reprise his Atlanta Olympics experience.:laughing:

i wouldnt let the kids anywhere near that mess

• Like 1