Cadets 2018

The drum clip GH played is interesting. 

https://m.soundcloud.com/john-psathas/buyan-solo-timpani-and-digital-audio-listening-mix-24fps-20170501

Definitely a more modern approach compared to last year, musically and costuming wise. No costume changes this year. 

They made a point that with this year's music, they have more freedom to mold it into what they want.  Something they couldn't do last year due to restrictions. Hopefully that equates to some big drum corps moments 

Edited by Brass34

41 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

HMM.Hn1XiHm.jpg

I really like these. While very modern and show-specific, it still has shades of Cadets in it. The way Heininger described the "black/whiteness" uniforms reminds me of the '05 uniform. And like I mentioned before, I'm happy the shakos are back. Such an integral part of the uniform that was missing last year.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

It's like Jem and the Holograms meets the Gimp from Pulp Fiction.

Hey that's what you get when you want the "uniform" to be modernized. 

8 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Hey that's what you get when you want the "uniform" to be modernized. 

Actually, I was with you in wanting to see an update like JonWoody (I think) had as his avatar a while back.  

But yeah... the traditional uniform wouldn't lend itself to this theme.  I'm not really sure I see that this one does, either.  But the staff seemed a bit muddled in trying to convey exactly how the theme would be portrayed, so we'll see if this look ties things together more on the field when all is said and done.

The Slenderman fingers are creepy af though.

• Like 1