Cadets 2018

The costume is fine, but the artist clearly is unaware we lead off on the RIGHT leg! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wallace said:

The costume is fine, but the artist clearly is unaware we lead off on the RIGHT leg! 

for the win!!

• Like 1

Last year, I remember everyone laughing at the costume sketch for Spirit. The oversized gauntlets looked ridiculous. But, they ended up being fine in real life, imo. Maybe the sketch artists struggle with the hand/wrist area, idk. It's a stylized drawing meant to capture an idea or vision, not necessarily reality

• Like 3

I don't think any of us can get a true feel for the costuming, props, music etc until we see the package together.  Many times, things don't look great in isolation but when brought together with the other elements of the package, it works.  I think the costume is a great, modern look for the Cadets. And they used burgandy (at least I think that's going to be a burgandy even though it looks pink) to keep the Cadets colors involved.   My guess is it will make more sense when we see the set up on the field.  Maybe the lines are meant to represent those 12 props in some capacity??  Who knows.  But we will find out soon enough.  For now, I think we should not base anything on a drawing.  Everyone is most definitely entitled to an opinion but I guess I personally am not putting too much stock into it until I see the whole thing.  I am just excited to see what they come up with.  Just my 2 cents.

49 minutes ago, glory said:

Having already gone over the top in my response to Eleran on this subject, might I just suggest that we be a little more welcoming and a little less dismissive (broad statement) of new voices - youth voices - on this topic?

HH

On the one hand, I do not think that saying an opinion is too broad is dismissing the original person's post, but if I had realized it was a first time poster, I probably would have let it slide. I don't think Eleran's comment was too over the top either. My guess is what Yoofman meant to say is that most kids are fine with the type of uniform worn today and do not want to go back to yesteryear's uniforms and I'm sure that is accurate.  However, as I read my comment again, I saw I'm guilty of making a broad statement too. "Most of us who sit in the stands....." I've never taken a survey of people in the stands who may have overheard these kinds of comments, nor have I polled people on DCP. I used a broad statement to refute a broad statement. 

14 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Cadets 2018: "The Conversation: Everybody's Talking, Nobody's Listening"

"The Sound of Silence" by Paul Simon

"Sensemaya" by Silvestre Revueltas

"Buyan" by John Psathas

Original music by Drew Shanefield

Other selections TBA?

Also, welcome back shakos to the Cadets uniform!

Is "The Conversation: Everybody's Talking, Nobody's Listening" a legit name for the show?  Is that official?

3 hours ago, Brass34 said:

We already know your opinion on everything concerning Cadets

Just because you say so doesn’t make it true.

The uniform/costume IMO could be for any marching band corps. Nothing about it - again IMO said Cadets, and no I’m not lobbying for the return of the Cadet style uniforms from BITD. I always approach corps show design, music, costumes etc. with what makes this special in comparison to others. IMO there’s nothing special about the conceptual design, and colors of maroon and gold won’t change my opinion. However it is only one component of the overall design, so perhaps it fits well with the show concept. So there is the possibility I’ll warm up to it. Right now not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So this show is basically Cavies 2016 + Blue Knights 2017 + a dash of Mandarins 2017????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1